2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2000 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
By sssannndmannn on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Maintenance/repair list to date: ---IAC replaced @ 23,000 miles (car would not idle) ---parking brake recall done @ 35,000 miles ---parking brake cable housing removed @ 35,000 miles (to fix hollow whistling sound over harsh bumps) ---new MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor @ 35,000 miles (for car dying on right- hand turns) ---Bridgestone Potenza RE-730's @ 38,000 miles ---rear brakes @ 47,000 miles ---front brakes @ 55,000 miles

Great Car
By Mustang Mike on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and I love it every time I drive it. Whenever I get in, I am greeted by the wonderful ergonomics of the car (Don't understand the complaints on the radio) Very fast, very fun. A great bang-for-your-buck.

The Little Pony That Should
By K&N_A_Must on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car performs fairly well considering the price range. However there are a few gripes. The aerodynamics of this car make it slow to accelerate at highway speeds compared to oh say a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP? Kind of rediculous considering the Mustang has more engine. Overall it is a fun car that is capable of sprinting to speed in a timely manner.

Great car
By QuickGT on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I think this is a grreat car. It is nice to be much quicker than the earlier 96-98 GT's. With some modifications I am annihilating most everything on the road. And it looks great. First On Race Day!

much fun... with a bit of add ons
By kaj on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

i haven't liked a single mustang since the early 70's until now. the body style and SOUND sold me! i've added new springs, exhaust, intake and a NOS kit (shh!) which gives me close to 400 h.p. there's nothing like leaving a a civic at a stop light in the wake of my V-8's rumble! i looooooooooooove my mustang and have had no problems mechanically or otherwise. also, i got rid of the cheesy spoiler and the car is now beautiful!

Worth the risk?
By VegasGT on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I do love this car, and I often get compliments from strangers, and more often than that I get stares. But it developed a stalling problem the week I bought it. Then the clutch started rattling, then it got recalled for the parking break, then the stereo died. All that is now fixed, but it has left me a bit sour. For the money you're hard pressed to find a more powerful car, and it IS a blast to drive, although it's a bit choppy over bumpy corners. Some Mustang owners have had no problems at all - it may be worth the risk. Oh yeah and the seats absolutely suck.

best bang for the buck!
By kipp438 on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Great car, always gets the looks. extremely fun to drive.

exellent car
By Lou Y on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

my only problem with this car is the speeding tickets. other than that I love this car.

Can't beat it for the price
By albert on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This is the best deal you can get for the price. I am sure that a Carrera or a is more ergonomic and makes better turns, but come on !!! I paid just $16K for mine !!! You would have to spend easily over 60K to get an european or japanese car with a similar performance. Of course they are better and have many other features, but they cost 50 THOUSAND MORE. Plus you can still beat them at the light, and they will never sound like the Mustang. A friend of mine spent almost 50k on his 4.2l Audi. It is a much better car, lots of nice features, but there is also quite a difference from 16K to 50K. (plus, I beat him BY FAR at the traffic light ;-)

A Fun Toy
By HookEcho on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I've wanted a Mustang ever since I was about 12 years old...so it was a dream come true for me to finally own one. I love driving this powerhouse around. The V8 gives it all the umph it needs and the tight steering allows you handle any curve with the greatest of ease. Yeah it's a show-off car, but it's a helluva fun show-off car!