Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

lots better than a Focus
By laser1

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

When I went to the dealer to pick up the car, I passed a Focus in the lot selling for the same price as what I paid for the Mustang. Figured I got a much better car. After 106,000 miles, I couldn't be happier. Only thing I had to replace beside wear items was a idle pulley for $11. Brake pads lasted 60K miles and did not put brake dust on the wheels. I get 21 mpg with the alcohol/gas mixture they sell in Houston. Performance tires made the car handle much better in the rain. Engine accessibility with the v6 is excellent. Parts are cheap at parts store (not dealer).

Favorite Features

Styling, color, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better cloth for the interior. better sound system.

Not A Bad Ford
By Dirt24

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last summer thinking the v6 would be enough power but it's not! If you have the money go get the 4.6 v8. It isn't all bad, the body style is tight so I would recommend this car because it's Not Bad For A Ford!

Favorite Features

Interior, body style, color (Gold), and the spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust, fog lights on base model and more powerful V6. (Chevy's killing em' in power).

My Experience
By SoS

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 16,000 miles on it for $9,000 dollars from a friend. It has been nothing but amazing since that day. I have added a cold air intake, tinted the windows and put on an amazing exhaust. I get about 30 miles per gallon in the highway and about 14 in the city (without any air conditioning). I had to change the CCRM which ran for about 140 dollars , but this seems to be a really rare problem, I was just unlucky. I would recommend different rims and tires, because traction in the rain is horrible; I have crashed 3 times. All of which kept my car in perfect condition, but ruined the other cars lol.

Favorite Features

Amazing exhaust tone once I replaced the stock one.

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust, intake.

Loved it at first...
By JDD

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mustang with less than 20 miles and enjoyed it until I hit the 40K mark. I have taken great care of my car hoping it would last a long time, but it hasn't made a difference. I have owned the car for over four years now and in the last year it has been literally falling apart. I have had problems with the brakes, the passenger door, the power side mirrors, the a/c, and the transmission. The car still turns heads as I approach but the loud engine kills the mood. I did not get my money's worth and I will not buy another Ford.

Favorite Features

The body design and highway handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the comfort of the driver seat, the engine is too loud. The interior shift runs very hot and has burned me on occasion. The very plastic interior has just been falling apart. A few extra dollars on the interior materials would have given me a much improved experience.

Rock on Ford!
By bordercollie

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for a car with an affordable price tag, good fuel economy, and good looks, look no farther. This car is way better than a Focus or Escort for looks and style, way safer, has decent power (for a V6), and still gets 27 mpg. Sure it doesn't have the power of the awesome V8, but I wasn't looking for a racer, I was looking for decent MPG and good looks; this car has both. And it still has the great Mustang name. Why buy a Taruas or Focus when this car is out there?

Favorite Features

Bucket seats, Mach 460, great, great looks. Turns heads even with the V6.

Suggested Improvements

The 2005 'Stang covers it all, will buy one of those in a couple of years.