Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

No problems
By tiger0hs

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have had my convertible for over a year now and have had absolutely no problems. It is just an automatic v-6 mustang but it is still fun and comfortable to drive. All of the problems that I have heard of from people who have owned convertibles are non-existent. I have had no problems with leaks, tears, or cuts. Being in college I was also looking for a dependable car that would have no problems with trips home. I put higher performance touring tires on it and it drives much better.

Favorite Features

When the temperature is right the leather is sooooooo, nice!!

Suggested Improvements

Better tires will greatly improve the handling and ride. If you can add a better suspension and maybe drop it an inch you will be very happy.

I love this car...
By smilingbrownbear

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car two years ago with only 8,500 miles. It was babied by the original owner. I have put another 7,000 miles on it during the non- winter months. Great to drive, ultra- sharp looking, have not had one problem yet. Best present I ever bought for myself.

Favorite Features

Looks great, rides great. I would have preferred the GT for a little more power, but couldn't pass this one up. Great stereo system as you cruise...

Suggested Improvements

Boot is clumsy, but that is a small complaint for such a superior vehicle.

Good car
By DutchAZ

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new in 2000. It's held up well (but not great) and has been good transportation. The fact that it's stylish and performs well doesn't hurt, either. As a convertible, it's as solid as anything else on the road today (at least in the under-$30k market). The interior is great - it's comfortable and it has solid ergonomics. That being said, I dinged the interior a couple of points because of cheap materials and appearance. All in all, a great car for the money.

Favorite Features

Convertible, decent performance, decent gas mileage, tons of fun. The Mach 460 audio system is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Small back seat, small trunk, very small trunk opening, cheap interior materials.

imustang
By bobbybobby

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

this car is an excellent car. i wouldnt get rid of mine for the world. it is a fast car with a comfortable interior. I would refer any one.

Fun in the Sun!
By ConvertibleConvert

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this vehicle used in 2003 from a private owner who stored it in the wintertime as I am now doing. It's a blast to drive especially with the top down. I'm definitely going to consider a future Mustang convertible possibly a GT for some more power.

Favorite Features

High amount of fun factor with the top down on a nice sunny day!

Suggested Improvements

Most likely addressed in the new body style coming out but shakes, rattles, and rolls when cruising on the highway.