Used 2000 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just simply amazing!
By Joe A

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and I bought a 2000 Mustang GT as my first car. Having a 5 speed manual makes this car a blast to drive. The car handles beautifully in dry weather, have yet to drive it in anything wet. Since I am in high school, it's nice seeing heads turn everywhere I go. The full Flowmaster exhaust sure helps bring attention to my car. Only thing I have to say is it is a eye-catcher, especially for the COPS. So drive safe and be careful!

Sound, comfort,and watching people check out your car.

Exhaust, sound system,better placed cup holders.

Love this car!
By MorganFox

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

Mach sound system, cornering ability, power driver seat, pull out lights on the dash, good trunk space, all in all the front is comfy to sit in for long trips.

Definitely has some hydroplane issues in the rain, cupholder is in a bad place when shifting, trunk needs larger opening so a normal size cooler, etc. can go through it.

Great pony car
By mustnag46

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.

V8 and stick shift.

Bring back the fastback. The rear seat is really useless for all but short rides.

Rob's Mustang review
By robert j. carrico

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2000 brand new. It had only 2.5 mi. on it when I test drove it. I have had other Mustangs in the past and this one is much better driving in inclement weather than the rest. I also believe it is the best built of all the past Mustangs. Throttle response in this one even today after 50,000 miles is incredible. Transmission is still a sure hook and the car has never let me down when it comes time to start it. I have even driven it in eight inches of snow and it got me home driving eleven miles. No problems with this car at all.

I like the cruise control and the five speed shifter. The exhaust sound just screams MUSTANG! For a sport car the ride is very surprising and quiet, until you crank up the impressive stock Mach stereo system.

More horsepower and acceleration in stock form, and bigger wheels and tires from the factory. The window in mine hasn't died yet but, it is already tired. How about a more masculine horn? How about mandatory hood scoops that make a statement as stock form? How about a six speed in GT?

Not Too Shabby...
By Rob281

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

A LOT of noise in the rear differential. Kind of unnerving. Now having transmission troubles. Soon to be replaced(again). But performance is INCREDIBLE!

Comfort of this car is AMAZING. NEVER get tired of driving it. Most of the miles are just from going on afternoon drives.

Heavier duty transmissions, and a tighter rear differential would be nice. A HORRIBLE howling sound coming from it.

• SUV