2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2000 Ford Mustang Review
By Crouton37 on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Handles great. It is reliable, however gas is a big issue. Car gets on an average between 16-18 miles per gallon, mostly highway driving, with either 87 or 89 octane.

Will definitely buy another!!!!!!!!
By codyandpappa on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2002 and it had 49,000 miles on it now it has 74,000 and i've had absolutely NOTHING go out on this car.All i've had to buy for this car is gas and that is it.I will buy another one but with a V-8 this time.

frustration
By ns on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

bought new to use only as a daily driver no racing at all. i have had continuous problems since day one - car has 28884 miles on it. The engine has been replaced twice,motor mounts replaced, head gasket replacement twice,transmission and drive shaft replaced, all air condition vents replaced 5 times.just found out my engine,drive shaft and transmission needs replacing again. toyota dealership for me next week, now we know why toyota knocked ford out of it's number 2 spot - dissatisfied customers like me multiplied thousands of times. enough said.

Delayed Reaction
By SeanD on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

First new car...thought it was amazingly fast and handled superbly. Then I got dusted by nearly every other new car on the road. A bigger motor would tear this cheaply made car apart if the wheels could ever get a grip on the pavement. My tires deflate on their own. My paint is fading. Everytime I bring the car in for maintenance, it comes out stained or sloppily re-assembled. Seatbelt rollers broken, controls for power driver seat popping out, no air flows to passenger side vents. Car shakes at 70 mps - ford won't fix bec. mechanics won't drive that fast to find problem.

Love this mustang
By Strawberry on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love the look of the mustang (this is my 4th one), and I am not disappointed. It is hard to handle in the ice and rain, but has only been in the shop 2x for major repair since I have owned it. A computer modulator went out (causing the battery to drain and some electrical problems) and I am now replacing the rear end. Otherwise this has been reliable and would buy ford again. miles now are 109,000

Love my Mustang
By EWS on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It's been fun, reliable, and cheap. Every once and a while I go looking at new (much more expensive) cars and I end up asking myself, "why?". Only problem I've had is a vibrating clutch pedal that's been there since it was new. Every time I take it in, the mechanic either wants to replace the whole clutch (which they did once, under warranty), or he says, "they all do that". It's annoying, but I live with it. Put a set of Blizzaks on the thing and it's even great in the snow!

Wish I got the V-8
By aflkdsjfkl on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Should of got the V-8 still a good car decent quickness

Great Car
By osdjfijsdjluhghsdljk on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I loved the car

extremely unsatisfied
By Magdalena on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I would never buy a Ford again. I have had three and I have learned my lesson. The catalytic converter went out on my 2000 Ford Mustang and it was very expensive. Ford did not replace any parts to it and I would not recommend anybody struggling with any Ford vehicle. Prior to that I had a Taurus that the transmission went out on it. They are the worst and unreliable cars that I've had.

My Mustangs perfect
By Lucys Desire on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my mustang, it was cheap...for the quality of the car. It's fun to drive. But it's a teenage car. It's not too fast, and not slow enough to bore you. I think mustangs are very adorable looking and I would buy another one, but this time I would buy a Cobra.