2000 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I love this car...
By smilingbrownbear on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car two years ago with only 8,500 miles. It was babied by the original owner. I have put another 7,000 miles on it during the non- winter months. Great to drive, ultra- sharp looking, have not had one problem yet. Best present I ever bought for myself.

Good car
By DutchAZ on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new in 2000. It's held up well (but not great) and has been good transportation. The fact that it's stylish and performs well doesn't hurt, either. As a convertible, it's as solid as anything else on the road today (at least in the under-$30k market). The interior is great - it's comfortable and it has solid ergonomics. That being said, I dinged the interior a couple of points because of cheap materials and appearance. All in all, a great car for the money.

imustang
By bobbybobby on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

this car is an excellent car. i wouldnt get rid of mine for the world. it is a fast car with a comfortable interior. I would refer any one.

Fun in the Sun!
By ConvertibleConvert on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this vehicle used in 2003 from a private owner who stored it in the wintertime as I am now doing. It's a blast to drive especially with the top down. I'm definitely going to consider a future Mustang convertible possibly a GT for some more power.

Dream Come True!!!
By Mustangmayhem on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Long before the time I was old enough to even sit behind the wheel of a car I dreamed of owning a mustang. That dream finally came true and I could not be happier. This 2000 silver mustang convertible with a black top is simply amazing, From performance to looks. I believe that body style of the mustang from '99-04 is one of the best body styles since the mustangs of 19641/2- 67. I wish the gas mileage was a little better but, I can not complain because I am finally driving a mustang.

Great Fun
By donaghms on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Never had such fun in a ragtop. Handling is nice and involving, I can throw out the back end and control it. It zips round country lanes with ease; it turns heads; it leaves boy racers standing. Now where can I get me the money for a Saleen SC?

my 42nd car
By kenny B on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have the v6 convertable with 5 speed in blue/black top/leather interior. No mechanical failures with car. No data on 5 speed aside from my own-no problems, notchy,occ missed shift. Insurence is expencive, a new Corvet would only be $7.50 more per month, an RX 8 would be $2.50 less per month. The v6 with 5 speed is about as quick as the v8 with automatic, and provides enough performance to satisfy most people who want v8 power. The convertable top is excellent- shows no wear after 4 years of taking it up and down daily in the blazing Arizona sun. To sum it up- a bargain used performance car that is dependable and fun, but expencive to insure.

85000 and counting
By 2000stang on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new in Feb 2000 and has been a great car. Still has original brake pads after over 85000 miles plus does not burn any oil. Nice and comfortable with plenty of pickup for passing.Looking forward to turning 100,000 next year since it has been trouble free since I bought it and will continue to drive it.Thanks Ford, this was a nice surprise.

Fun car but needs help
By randali on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Fun car to drive. No major problems since purchase. Has to many squeeks for a car with 33K miles. The 5 speed tranny can be cumbersome and sometimes produces a clanking sound. The cabin is very noisy and a lot of heat comes up from the center console by the parking break. Terrible seating position and unacceptable adjustment for head rests (I'm 5'10 and the headrest does not reach my head. The plastic interior is kind of cheesy and has sharp edges. Exhaust sounds great and its an eyecatcher in red but I wouldn't buy another.

A Really Good Car
By Victoria MV on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I've had this great car for a year and 3 months now. It was two years old with 32k miles and I have since added another 22k miles. I have experienced absolutely no problems and the car runs great. A couple months back, I got into a car accident but the car proved to be incredibly resilient. The car has never given me any reason to feel unsafe, even at very high speeds (upwards of 130 mph).