Used 2000 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Addicted to my Mustang!
By Robin

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have never been dissapointed. I passed 90,000 miles a few months ago and it runs great! I did have to replace the brake pads but it wasnt a big deal. 4 people in my family drive Mustangs ranging from 1988 to 2000 and we all feel the same way!

Great power, and I love the sound system!

None

Completely Satisfied
By klauer

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Mustang! It has 85,000 miles on it and no problems. Definitely the funnest car I've ever had. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

The V8, dual exhaust, and mach sound system

One of the cupholders is in the way of shifting.

Just owned a week.
By Luis

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Such a fun car to drive. Not the fastest one out there but love the exhaust throaty sound when you romp on the gas.

Ride quality is not as bad as I thought it would be. Exhaust sounds.

Too much plastic on interior parts. A fatter steering wheel, too thin for me.

Still excited about driving this car
By Woot

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

After 6 years, its still a thrill to drive this car. This car is my daily driver, and it has never let me down. Only maintenance problem that I have ever had was a fuel filter replacement ($200). If you want to keep the stock tires on it (Goodyear Eagles z-rated), be prepared to shell out some cash. Average z-rated tires last about 20-25K before needing replacement. The car seems to get lighter in the front at higher speeds, but then settles down around 70-80. Very throaty exhaust with tight suspension for turning. Finally, I've never lacked power to get out of the path of bad drivers. The 265 horses it comes with, makes it feel like the muscle car it was designed to be.

Overall muscular look (only if you keep the z-rated, wide tires on - otherwise it would look wimpy). Comfy interior, kicking stereo, tight suspension, power at the fingertips.

Lose the rear spoiler, change the position of cup holders (other reviewers are right, two cups of java get in the way and you can't shift), make the door panels more attractive and lose the mini-indentions placed for style (at least I think they were). Trunk is okay, but layout could be better.

Good car
By Daniel

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago, after doing a lot of research. And so far I am very satisfied with it. It is a Consumer Reports "Good Bet" as it seems to a reliable vehicle. It is a sharp looking car, with lots of potential if you can afford to upgrade it. It is fun to drive in the snow with snow tires on.

Looks & sound.

Some squeaks/rattles. Bigger interior room/trunk, but it is sports car.

• SUV