Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

FUN!
By josh37

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love this car.. It's My first car and I'm proud of it. I have the 5 spd. It has plenty of power and i use it. It is comfortable to drive and to ride in, but the backseat is cramped. but its a sports car so its not suppose to be big. The sound system is pretty good and i love the cd player, it plays homemade cds and it sounds good. I love to hear the roar of that engine when the rpm's get up to about 3000. I haven't had it long but so far i have to get the front right brake calapaer cleaned out, i need to plugs, and my clicker doesn't work but i can live without that. This car is SEXY i think, Mine is all black with Cobra rims on it. I totally recommend this car.

POWER, LOOKS, and everything else.

it might be just me but it seems like u have to rev it high to get going in reverse (might just be that brake).

2000 Ford Mustang 3.8
By Danny

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I was given this as my first car, and I love it. It has 115000 miles and is nine years old, but it is very reliable and runs great. My parents own this car for all of the original miles, and there has only ever been one minor problem with the engine, but it was resolved easily, and the oil is changed every 3000 miles. Mine has a automatic, but I would suggest a five speed manual. I also installed aftermarket headers and exhaust.

Ride quality, low noise level, sharp steering and response to the road

20-30 more horsepower would be nice, better brakes (mine squeak a lot)

2000 v6 Coupe 5 speed
By Beamerstang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Overall this is a decent car - But it's not the fast/fun mustang everyone makes it out to be. The car is very slow when put side by side with other sport coupes of it's year. The interior looks good, but is very very cheap. **EVERYTHING** rattles and makes noise inside the car. The seats are very boring and uncomfortable, and the worst part is terrible highway driving in 5th gear. The car handles well in dry weather, but isn't very balanced. The rear suspension is bad - leading to serious fishtailing out of turns , bad rain traction, and unstable turns if you hit any small bumps. It's a reliable car, but sport coupe? no...not really.

External styling is great, I really like the look. Overall the car has been quite reliable. 106,000 miles and I've had no major repairs

Use some better interior components, the inside of this car feels like it was made with the cheapest plastic inserts available. A better drivetrain, 190hp from a V6 with a horrible gear ratio = SLOW - new seats, better suspension, better engine, better transmission

Tamed Pony
By Jae

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Got this car used with 65K miles, since I couldn't afford an Accord or Solara Coupe. Overall the car has been pretty good to me. No major repairs, just maintenance. This car is NOISY. Ford really cut a lot of corners when it came to quality and craftsmanship. Wind noise intrudes at high speeds and it feels like a shopping cart on rough roads. The power-steering wines, but this seems to be common. The seats are a joke, they offer little to no support up front. This cars goes through brakes fairly quickly. My driver's side windows sticks in hot weather, paint has faded, and the engine rattles at high RPMS. Transmission seal leaks are common as well, but that's been the most of my problems.

Man, this thing is a beauty, especially with the 20 inch chrome wheels i added. I also added dual exhaust, to give it a better note. Power is adequate, but there could always be more. Parts aren't overly expensive and there are tons of modifications available.

Build quality seems to be improved on the 05 and newer models. A tad more space in the back wouldn't be bad, but then again don't buy this car if you plan on hauling people around.

Powerful V6 Pony!
By HVF4

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This was my dream car since I was a little boy.Im 20 years old now and ive been wanting this car since it came out!And 8 years later its mine as a High School Graduation present from my parents. For a 3.8l V6 Engine its really fast and powerful.I yet to add a cold air intake and exhuast but even without it it saves a lot of gas and its very fast.Sure it isnt a GT(V8) with 260+HP but how it is now(190HP) its pretty fast.Exterior looks great,A+. Interior is kinda plain,But hey ITS A MUSTANG!!Sound System is great,but since mine was used the original MACH 460 System was taken out before I bought it. I Have A Sony Stereo and its BADASS!This car always turns heads.American Muscle Beats Import!!!!

The Whole Car IS GREAT!

If your into "Features" this car is totally upgradable.If your into "Fuel Economy" this car doesnt dissapoint,It runs at 18-21 MPG.Sure it isnt a "GREEN" car,BUT it IS a MUSTANG!And Mustang Drivers dnt care about that since we get places faster anyways and save the same amount gas.