2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
lots better than a Focus
By laser1 on 09/07/06 07:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

When I went to the dealer to pick up the car, I passed a Focus in the lot selling for the same price as what I paid for the Mustang. Figured I got a much better car. After 106,000 miles, I couldn't be happier. Only thing I had to replace beside wear items was a idle pulley for $11. Brake pads lasted 60K miles and did not put brake dust on the wheels. I get 21 mpg with the alcohol/gas mixture they sell in Houston. Performance tires made the car handle much better in the rain. Engine accessibility with the v6 is excellent. Parts are cheap at parts store (not dealer).

Not A Bad Ford
By Dirt24 on 05/03/06 22:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last summer thinking the v6 would be enough power but it's not! If you have the money go get the 4.6 v8. It isn't all bad, the body style is tight so I would recommend this car because it's Not Bad For A Ford!

My Experience
By SoS on 02/27/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 16,000 miles on it for $9,000 dollars from a friend. It has been nothing but amazing since that day. I have added a cold air intake, tinted the windows and put on an amazing exhaust. I get about 30 miles per gallon in the highway and about 14 in the city (without any air conditioning). I had to change the CCRM which ran for about 140 dollars , but this seems to be a really rare problem, I was just unlucky. I would recommend different rims and tires, because traction in the rain is horrible; I have crashed 3 times. All of which kept my car in perfect condition, but ruined the other cars lol.

Loved it at first...
By JDD on 08/31/05 03:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mustang with less than 20 miles and enjoyed it until I hit the 40K mark. I have taken great care of my car hoping it would last a long time, but it hasn't made a difference. I have owned the car for over four years now and in the last year it has been literally falling apart. I have had problems with the brakes, the passenger door, the power side mirrors, the a/c, and the transmission. The car still turns heads as I approach but the loud engine kills the mood. I did not get my money's worth and I will not buy another Ford.

Rock on Ford!
By bordercollie on 04/03/05 20:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for a car with an affordable price tag, good fuel economy, and good looks, look no farther. This car is way better than a Focus or Escort for looks and style, way safer, has decent power (for a V6), and still gets 27 mpg. Sure it doesn't have the power of the awesome V8, but I wasn't looking for a racer, I was looking for decent MPG and good looks; this car has both. And it still has the great Mustang name. Why buy a Taruas or Focus when this car is out there?

Everything I dreamed it would be...
By Mike on 12/18/04 10:28 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing! There are only two things wrong with it. The trunk opening is TINY even though the trunk is really big. The other thing is that the front cup holder is dangerously close to second gear. Other than that this car is great. Interior/exterior styling is breathtaking. The throaty engine will throw your organs into the back seat if you floor it. Handles like a dream. Gas mileage is very acceptable; so far it's been better than my 2.0L Celica. The seats are comfortable; test drive a Celica if you want to feel pain. Anyway, we all know it's your dream to have one so stop punishing yourself and go buy it. The price is low when it's used, so insurance is the only problem.

I love My Mustang
By stangchick on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love my Mustang. I bought it used and have had it for a year and a half now. The only problem I have had is the driver side door lock broke, but it was only a switch so it was an easy fix. It goes pretty good for a v6 and it shifts great! I would definately recommend this car. I love the power, control and awesome feeling i get from driving this car.The trunk is a perfect size and I don't care that the back seat is small, I will never have kids so it doesn't matter. This Mustang is definately a great car.

Built Ford Tough
By TexasChick2003 on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

A month after I bought this car I already had to take it to Ford dealership b/c the transmission didn't sound right, and of course they made up some excuse why they couldn't work on it even though it was on the warranty. Every time I'm at a stop light if the air conditioner is on the whole car shakes. My cd player now doesn't work and it's almost impossible to get out. And why would anybody put the cupholders right behind the shifter? It is now starting to overheat in the summer.The bad overpowers the good. As soon as I get a chance I am trading it in.

Short and simple
By grassho69 on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Owned my mustang for four yrs.,it is stored winters and I couldn't be happier with it.

Great Car
By deewbee on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have had no problems with my car. It has been a joy to own, and great fun to drive.