Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love this car
By bluestang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a few months back and I am just in love with it. Being a V6 I was expecting very little power but after a cold air intake an exhaust and a short throw shifter this thing is fast! I would recommend this car to anyone!

Easy to work on, and beautiful inside and out

V8

We don't fix it, we have a better Idea
By Edgar

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in 2001 with 60k miles on the car. My wife wanted a convertible and this car had a higher entry into the car than the GM F- bodies. So, I work a good deal and drove it home. Within 6 month I had to replace the alternator and battery. No biggy. About to months later the coil pack. Well this went on about every 4 to 5 months. Also within the first year I had to remove the intake and clean it because of carbon build up. For use a poorly designed valve cover which lets engine gases escape into the PVC line. At 120,000 miles the head gasket blew, and I had enough of this car breaking down. The door windows hit the top when opening and closing. 2005 got the better idea fix.

Convertable. Ride height. Great looks.

Fix a problem, don't come up with a better idea. We drove a 2007 Mustang convertible and the door window still hit the top when opening and closing the door. Ford's fix was to make the window go down a fraction of an inch when the doors are opened. What a joke. Just one more problem in the future.

Great summer car
By Mandy

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Mustang about 2 years ago in Florida and then moved back north. This car has been wonderfully reliable taking me to and from Florida. My only complaint regarding long trips is that the driver's seat is horribly uncomfortable and I really get poor gas mileage. Until recently I haven't had any problems with the car. Lately the convertible top back near the window has been leaking and now I am dealing with wet floors. I think it is mostly due to the Florida sun drying out the top for 5 years since it was never garage kept. I get tons of compliments though!

Sporty look, reliability even in northern winters.

Front seat is painful. Leaking seems to be a problem. Back seat is less than spacious.

2000 V6 Convertible
By Mustang2000Vert

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a year and a half ago with 24000 miles, now it has a bit over 50000. Absolutely no mechanical issues to date. Always starts right up, even in the dead cold of winter. Plenty of power for a V6 and gas mileage is good for a V6. I was wary to buy a Ford after owning an 1989 Escort in the past that was garbage, but this car looked so shiny and lonely when I first saw it, just pleading to be driven, and I fell in love with it. It's such a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. Its a real head turner too, I always get complements on it. I highly recommend this car and would definately buy another Mustang in the future. Take car of it and it will take care of you.

Convertible top on a sunny day. Engine rev and effortless passing speed on demand. Mustang community: if you ever have an issue or question about this car, there are many online forums with incredibly knowledgeable and friendly people eager to help. Mustang owners are passionate and love their cars.

No complaints. I love my car.

Surprising Performance
By dave

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I wasn't looking for a Mustang and have never been a big fan. I saw this 7 year old vehicle with less than 55k miles while looking at other convertibles. I gave it a try because of the low price and was really impressed. I actually liked the handling better than Mustang GT convertibles I'd driven. I was surprised by how powerful the V6 felt with the 5 speed manual. My particular car must have spent a lot of time in the garage based on the low mileage, tight feel, and nearly flawless interior and exterior. I thought I'd miss the quick open/close of the top that I had with a Miata, but this power top is fast and seems well made. On the road the blue color seems one of the least common.

Performance, convertible top, looks.

Every Mustang 5 speed transmission I've ever driven feels the same. There are plenty of other shifters I've used (Miata, Mini, Audi) that just feel right. Each position feels well-defined and the shifter wants to go in each one. That's what the Mustang 5 speed lacks.