2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Addicted to my Mustang!
By Robin on 04/25/07 11:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have never been dissapointed. I passed 90,000 miles a few months ago and it runs great! I did have to replace the brake pads but it wasnt a big deal. 4 people in my family drive Mustangs ranging from 1988 to 2000 and we all feel the same way!

Completely Satisfied
By klauer on 04/13/07 15:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Mustang! It has 85,000 miles on it and no problems. Definitely the funnest car I've ever had. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Just owned a week.
By Luis on 06/18/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Such a fun car to drive. Not the fastest one out there but love the exhaust throaty sound when you romp on the gas.

Still excited about driving this car
By Woot on 06/08/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

After 6 years, its still a thrill to drive this car. This car is my daily driver, and it has never let me down. Only maintenance problem that I have ever had was a fuel filter replacement ($200). If you want to keep the stock tires on it (Goodyear Eagles z-rated), be prepared to shell out some cash. Average z-rated tires last about 20-25K before needing replacement. The car seems to get lighter in the front at higher speeds, but then settles down around 70-80. Very throaty exhaust with tight suspension for turning. Finally, I've never lacked power to get out of the path of bad drivers. The 265 horses it comes with, makes it feel like the muscle car it was designed to be.

Good car
By Daniel on 03/12/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago, after doing a lot of research. And so far I am very satisfied with it. It is a Consumer Reports "Good Bet" as it seems to a reliable vehicle. It is a sharp looking car, with lots of potential if you can afford to upgrade it. It is fun to drive in the snow with snow tires on.

Just simply amazing!
By Joe A on 01/21/06 07:31 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and I bought a 2000 Mustang GT as my first car. Having a 5 speed manual makes this car a blast to drive. The car handles beautifully in dry weather, have yet to drive it in anything wet. Since I am in high school, it's nice seeing heads turn everywhere I go. The full Flowmaster exhaust sure helps bring attention to my car. Only thing I have to say is it is a eye-catcher, especially for the COPS. So drive safe and be careful!

Love this car!
By MorganFox on 11/30/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

Great pony car
By mustnag46 on 06/19/05 21:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.

Rob's Mustang review
By robert j. carrico on 06/02/05 07:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2000 brand new. It had only 2.5 mi. on it when I test drove it. I have had other Mustangs in the past and this one is much better driving in inclement weather than the rest. I also believe it is the best built of all the past Mustangs. Throttle response in this one even today after 50,000 miles is incredible. Transmission is still a sure hook and the car has never let me down when it comes time to start it. I have even driven it in eight inches of snow and it got me home driving eleven miles. No problems with this car at all.

Not Too Shabby...
By Rob281 on 11/24/04 17:18 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

A LOT of noise in the rear differential. Kind of unnerving. Now having transmission troubles. Soon to be replaced(again). But performance is INCREDIBLE!