Used 2000 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

not bad for a Ford
By Huh?

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car with only 20k. Drove it for five years and finished with 58k before selling it. Only mechanical issue I had was a... wow I can't remember, cost me bout $300. I installed a Flowmaster exhaust, great sound compared to weak stock exhaust. V8 power is robust, and runs strong well over 100mph. Interior and exterior held up very well, still looked new when I sold it. The drivers seat position is horrible, I felt like i was sitting in a beach chair that was lying on the ground.

exhaust, V8 power, exterior styling

seats are for big fat people, especially with leather.. I couldnt stay in the seat when taking hard corners, sliding all over made this car not feel so sporty. Also driver seat position is very akward, beach chairs are no good for a car.

Love/hate this car
By This Car Is Shithot

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car over a year ago in June with 40k mileage on it and it ran great until 6 months later. After 6 months, my clutch went out. I got that fixed then the transmission went out right after that. But I got that fixed already and now it runs better than ever. It had cold air intake and exhaust already in it when I bought it. This car is a beast. I love how the acceleration pins to the seat and the loud roar it makes especially when it goes in the tunnel. The one thing I hate about this car is its poor gas mileage. I have to fill up every other day from driving back and forth to work. I had a mustang V6 that I would only have to fill once a week but I just wanted more power.

The acceleration is sick! You will more than likely overtake other cars 98% of the time. Sounds nice with a agressive roar as you going through the gears! Stereo system is nice. Love how the exterior looks sleek.

Needs more interior room!! I forgot how big my family was when I bought this car. They're always cramped in the back seat like sardines! Needs way better gas mileage. If you're tall, dnt buy this car!!!

Aweome First Car
By CSeabaugh

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Just bought my red 2000 Mustang GT fully loaded with every option checked but the automatic transmission from a private owner a couple weeks ago as my first car (I'm 20) and I love the thing. Its perfect for a 20 year old guy. V8, stick shift, enough room for me and a friend. Has plenty of power both on the highway and in town and it handles great. I'm very glad I bought it. I haven't experiences it in the snow yet which I'm a bit nervous about but you'll definitely be seeing a review by then.

V8 power, Leather, 5 speed stick shift, Mach sound system.

Less plastic in the interior and less gaps. Also a more intuitive power seat arraignment. That being said, the interior isn't a bad place to be.

Very fun, very reliable
By todd24tx

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This is the third Mustang I have owned, and all I can say is that all three have been vey reliable, and the 2000 model has been the best I've owned. I'm well past the 100,000 mile mark and all I have had to do for repairs is replace the low pressure cutoff switch for the a/c (all of $30).

Performance, reliability, exterior design, and the Mach 460 stereo.

Better seats, and a much shorter throw shifter for the 5 speed. There is acreage between gears that robs the car of its full potential.

6 years of racing and daily driving
By Kmustang01

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

First off let me say I love this car, with the exception of a few things. I really hate the market value, so this one will stay with me 25k paid for a fully loaded GT...Now I can sell according to KBB 7k....that part stinks. I have done some performance work to my car (pullies, gears, exhaust w/o cats, cold air intake, and chip) so far I have had no problems with anything mechanical. I have replaced parts that are considered normal wear and tear (struts, shocks, and springs) at 100k.I still get a lot of compliments on my car now so the body design is holding up well. The interior could be made better, the door pieces break easily and the weather stripping on the door has been replaced 4 times.

The design. No one every gets the year model right. Cops constantly have to ask me! Spring Edition package, rare find so mine does not like identical to ever other Performance Red Gt. Oh and I can't forget the deep tone rumble from my exhaust! Mustangs have a sound all of their own.

Upgrade the door panels, they come off to easily. Glad to see the 05's and up have something more than one color plastic on the interior.