2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2000 Ford Mustang 3.8
By Danny on 10/30/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I was given this as my first car, and I love it. It has 115000 miles and is nine years old, but it is very reliable and runs great. My parents own this car for all of the original miles, and there has only ever been one minor problem with the engine, but it was resolved easily, and the oil is changed every 3000 miles. Mine has a automatic, but I would suggest a five speed manual. I also installed aftermarket headers and exhaust.

2000 v6 Coupe 5 speed
By Beamerstang on 10/21/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Overall this is a decent car - But it's not the fast/fun mustang everyone makes it out to be. The car is very slow when put side by side with other sport coupes of it's year. The interior looks good, but is very very cheap. **EVERYTHING** rattles and makes noise inside the car. The seats are very boring and uncomfortable, and the worst part is terrible highway driving in 5th gear. The car handles well in dry weather, but isn't very balanced. The rear suspension is bad - leading to serious fishtailing out of turns , bad rain traction, and unstable turns if you hit any small bumps. It's a reliable car, but sport coupe? no...not really.

Tamed Pony
By Jae on 08/29/09 03:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Got this car used with 65K miles, since I couldn't afford an Accord or Solara Coupe. Overall the car has been pretty good to me. No major repairs, just maintenance. This car is NOISY. Ford really cut a lot of corners when it came to quality and craftsmanship. Wind noise intrudes at high speeds and it feels like a shopping cart on rough roads. The power-steering wines, but this seems to be common. The seats are a joke, they offer little to no support up front. This cars goes through brakes fairly quickly. My driver's side windows sticks in hot weather, paint has faded, and the engine rattles at high RPMS. Transmission seal leaks are common as well, but that's been the most of my problems.

Powerful V6 Pony!
By HVF4 on 06/10/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This was my dream car since I was a little boy.Im 20 years old now and ive been wanting this car since it came out!And 8 years later its mine as a High School Graduation present from my parents. For a 3.8l V6 Engine its really fast and powerful.I yet to add a cold air intake and exhuast but even without it it saves a lot of gas and its very fast.Sure it isnt a GT(V8) with 260+HP but how it is now(190HP) its pretty fast.Exterior looks great,A+. Interior is kinda plain,But hey ITS A MUSTANG!!Sound System is great,but since mine was used the original MACH 460 System was taken out before I bought it. I Have A Sony Stereo and its BADASS!This car always turns heads.American Muscle Beats Import!!!!

Dream Car
By Dave on 05/10/09 22:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my first mustang when I was 16 years old. Now 3 years later I still love this car. Its pretty fast for a V6 after the cold air intake and exhaust, and not that bad on gas. I get commented on my car all the time. Also the mach 460 stereo system, Everyone loves how it sounds. Its the best think I could of ever bought.

Dangerous underpowered rust bucket
By Nick on 03/20/09 05:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

The car's interior is a joke. Cheap, boring plastic. It was outdated even for 20 years ago. The V6 is severely underpowered. Good luck accelerating in 5th gear unless you've got a ton of momentum. Almost anything over an entry level 4 banger is faster. In snow, it is undriveable. In the rain, it is just plain dangerous. Hydroplanes, and cannot get traction. The car feels unsafe. At high speeds, it was bumpy, and felt loosely connected to the road. The car rusted out completely on bottom. Could pick chunks of rust off the frame. I sold it to an unsuspecting buyer, who probably will have to part it out or crush it. In the near future. AC was terrible. Tires go flat

Simple Car... Still fun!
By jillybeansalad on 03/03/09 14:13 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have not had any major work done to my car since I bought it early 2004 used. I've never been stranded anywhere and we have been doing our own usual maintenance ourselves, no professional work other than smog testing, which it passes easily. I have just started feeling the shifting become harder, and as an ex- owner of a '92 hatchback Mustang (both are automatics) it's to be expected as my milage is nearing 100,000.

Ford dies fast
By Greenmustang on 06/18/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I initially bought this car brand new in 2000, and it was awesome. However, it quickly started to have some serious issues. I had to replace the alternator at 45K, and the rear end work at 55. My check engine light was on for 3 years, after multiple repeated attemts at fixing it finally was fixed. I had an Escort before the Mustang, and it had similar reliability issues. My next car will be a Honda or Toyota.

Reliable, Fun and Quick
By siciliano_88 on 05/04/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My car has all the options and the mach stereo system. I have spent $0 repairing this Mustang other than neccesary ex. oil, fluids, and have had no problems. The v6 has plenty of power for the everyday user and unbelievable gas mileage on the highway. I put on a fuel induction preformance kit and now it sounds amazing, with great throttle response. I could not be happier!

fun and sporty
By escofam on 11/11/06 01:27 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Originally went to buy a Cougar - couldn't make the deal. Went over to Ford and drove a used Mustang. Most of the miles have been highway and the Stang is nothing but fun to take on a trip. Mileage has been outstanding - upper 20's and occasionally getting into the 30's. Changing the stock 15" wheels out for the 17" Mach 1 wheels made it even sportier and better handling. Even though the car is now 6 years old I still get compliments on it's sporty looks. Car has been flawless and reliable. Admittedly it is a little tough to drive in snow so it has been the summer time trip car.