Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not my best Ford
By SAP

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Bought from CarMax at 18k miles 1k miles later they rebuilt the rear gear box to try to get rid of the moaning sound between 40 and 50 miles an hour on deceleration. Never worked. At 90k the gear box was rebuilt again because of a constant whir. Let's see, at 70k I got a new front end. Top's starting to leak. Valves tap a lot if you don't keep cleaning the injectors ($$). Travel 150 miles a day at an average 72 miles an hour. Time to clean injectors again and probably replace the egr valve. My 9th Ford and probably my last if Toyota makes a larger truck.

Top down baby.

Upgrade interior and leather.

Loved it at first...
By JDD

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mustang with less than 20 miles and enjoyed it until I hit the 40K mark. I have taken great care of my car hoping it would last a long time, but it hasn't made a difference. I have owned the car for over four years now and in the last year it has been literally falling apart. I have had problems with the brakes, the passenger door, the power side mirrors, the a/c, and the transmission. The car still turns heads as I approach but the loud engine kills the mood. I did not get my money's worth and I will not buy another Ford.

The body design and highway handling.

Improve the comfort of the driver seat, the engine is too loud. The interior shift runs very hot and has burned me on occasion. The very plastic interior has just been falling apart. A few extra dollars on the interior materials would have given me a much improved experience.

Great pony car
By mustnag46

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.

V8 and stick shift.

Bring back the fastback. The rear seat is really useless for all but short rides.

Rob's Mustang review
By robert j. carrico

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2000 brand new. It had only 2.5 mi. on it when I test drove it. I have had other Mustangs in the past and this one is much better driving in inclement weather than the rest. I also believe it is the best built of all the past Mustangs. Throttle response in this one even today after 50,000 miles is incredible. Transmission is still a sure hook and the car has never let me down when it comes time to start it. I have even driven it in eight inches of snow and it got me home driving eleven miles. No problems with this car at all.

I like the cruise control and the five speed shifter. The exhaust sound just screams MUSTANG! For a sport car the ride is very surprising and quiet, until you crank up the impressive stock Mach stereo system.

More horsepower and acceleration in stock form, and bigger wheels and tires from the factory. The window in mine hasn't died yet but, it is already tired. How about a more masculine horn? How about mandatory hood scoops that make a statement as stock form? How about a six speed in GT?

Rock on Ford!
By bordercollie

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for a car with an affordable price tag, good fuel economy, and good looks, look no farther. This car is way better than a Focus or Escort for looks and style, way safer, has decent power (for a V6), and still gets 27 mpg. Sure it doesn't have the power of the awesome V8, but I wasn't looking for a racer, I was looking for decent MPG and good looks; this car has both. And it still has the great Mustang name. Why buy a Taruas or Focus when this car is out there?

Bucket seats, Mach 460, great, great looks. Turns heads even with the V6.

The 2005 'Stang covers it all, will buy one of those in a couple of years.