Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good car
By Daniel

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago, after doing a lot of research. And so far I am very satisfied with it. It is a Consumer Reports "Good Bet" as it seems to a reliable vehicle. It is a sharp looking car, with lots of potential if you can afford to upgrade it. It is fun to drive in the snow with snow tires on.

Looks & sound.

Some squeaks/rattles. Bigger interior room/trunk, but it is sports car.

My Experience
By SoS

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 16,000 miles on it for $9,000 dollars from a friend. It has been nothing but amazing since that day. I have added a cold air intake, tinted the windows and put on an amazing exhaust. I get about 30 miles per gallon in the highway and about 14 in the city (without any air conditioning). I had to change the CCRM which ran for about 140 dollars , but this seems to be a really rare problem, I was just unlucky. I would recommend different rims and tires, because traction in the rain is horrible; I have crashed 3 times. All of which kept my car in perfect condition, but ruined the other cars lol.

Amazing exhaust tone once I replaced the stock one.

Exhaust, intake.

Awesome
By stang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have read everyone's reviews about this Mustang, and I must say, I have had no problems with my car ever! Not only that but the people that I bought it from also had no problems with this car. So I'm sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences, mostly it was the fact you had a bad dealer, but the car itself is amazing; fast, quick, and very comfortable (for two people, the back seat is kinda small).

Umm ... the powerful v6, the convertible, the sound system, everything!

Not much more you could ask for from a sports car.

Just simply amazing!
By Joe A

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and I bought a 2000 Mustang GT as my first car. Having a 5 speed manual makes this car a blast to drive. The car handles beautifully in dry weather, have yet to drive it in anything wet. Since I am in high school, it's nice seeing heads turn everywhere I go. The full Flowmaster exhaust sure helps bring attention to my car. Only thing I have to say is it is a eye-catcher, especially for the COPS. So drive safe and be careful!

Sound, comfort,and watching people check out your car.

Exhaust, sound system,better placed cup holders.

Love this car!
By MorganFox

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

Mach sound system, cornering ability, power driver seat, pull out lights on the dash, good trunk space, all in all the front is comfy to sit in for long trips.

Definitely has some hydroplane issues in the rain, cupholder is in a bad place when shifting, trunk needs larger opening so a normal size cooler, etc. can go through it.