2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A Satisfied Owner.
By blk2kstng on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Reliable Motor and drivetrain. Some complaints I have are in regards to the traditional poor interior quality. The design is great but cup holder placement is poor. The interior does rattle periodically. Usually around the door area's plastic moldings. No other complaints. Mod List: Mac 3.5" CatBack exhaust, Longtube Headers and Offroad H-pipe, Ford Trac- lok, Mac CAI, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks/struts, HPM LCA's, Cross-drilled and slotted Rotors (11" f, 10.5" r), S/S brake lines, Eibach sway bars, Pro 5.0 Shifter with Steeda Tri-Ax handle, ROH Snyper rims (17x8/17x9), Kumho Ecsta 712's (245/45/17,275/40/17), JVC KD-SH55 Head Unit/

2000 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
By sssannndmannn on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Maintenance/repair list to date: ---IAC replaced @ 23,000 miles (car would not idle) ---parking brake recall done @ 35,000 miles ---parking brake cable housing removed @ 35,000 miles (to fix hollow whistling sound over harsh bumps) ---new MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor @ 35,000 miles (for car dying on right- hand turns) ---Bridgestone Potenza RE-730's @ 38,000 miles ---rear brakes @ 47,000 miles ---front brakes @ 55,000 miles

caution in rain!
By vj on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It gets a lot of looks. Guys love a girl in a Mustang. I love the styling. I HATE THE RIDE IN THE RAIN! I've hydroplaned many a time. On a wet day, you can't pull out in traffic (even with the get-up-and-go of this car) because you can't get any traction in the rain. If fact, on the way out of my neighborhood, I slid around the corner because the subdivision sprinklers were on! Now that's sad! A Mustang-owner friend of mine did a complete 360 on the highway in the rain. Needless to say, both of us are considering trade-ins. It gets old.

Great Car
By Mustang Mike on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and I love it every time I drive it. Whenever I get in, I am greeted by the wonderful ergonomics of the car (Don't understand the complaints on the radio) Very fast, very fun. A great bang-for-your-buck.

Nice Car
By kellyk on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great car for a person who DOES NOT want to transport more than 3 people at a time or do a lot of outdoor activities. The interior is great but the center console (a/c cd/tape) is a long way to go for us long legged people. I love the "guts" the V6 has but, when stopped it has a little jerk to it every once in a while. Overall a great car.

The Little Pony That Should
By K&N_A_Must on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car performs fairly well considering the price range. However there are a few gripes. The aerodynamics of this car make it slow to accelerate at highway speeds compared to oh say a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP? Kind of rediculous considering the Mustang has more engine. Overall it is a fun car that is capable of sprinting to speed in a timely manner.

Great car
By QuickGT on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I think this is a grreat car. It is nice to be much quicker than the earlier 96-98 GT's. With some modifications I am annihilating most everything on the road. And it looks great. First On Race Day!

Never another Ford
By VarmintShooter on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

First new car ... what a disappointment. Rotors warped coming off the lot, Ford wouldn't replace. Seat belt wouldn't retract after a few months - two trips to the dealer. Transmission seal failed after 1 year. Transmission, rear differential, and clutch all died after 1.5 years - 3 trips to the dealer (total of 3 weeks in the shop). Had to beg for a loaner car. Window now rubs the frame when shutting the door. Got rear- ended, dealer body shop put a bumper on that had a bend in it where one corner of the bumper sat an inch out from the rest of the body, told us "if you want quality parts, buy a Mercedes." Had to force him to fix it.

There Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!
By alias on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is great everything has been trouble free and we already have over 70,000 miles on it it still feels like new. Everything works correctly and we havent had any problems. I would recommend this dealer: Cella Ford of New Bern,NC(they gave us a great deal we never even had to go listen to a salesperson speil, test drive what you want at a different dealer then call them up and tell them what you want they gave us invoice and low apr with no down at all (4.9 apr) great car!!!!

much fun... with a bit of add ons
By kaj on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

i haven't liked a single mustang since the early 70's until now. the body style and SOUND sold me! i've added new springs, exhaust, intake and a NOS kit (shh!) which gives me close to 400 h.p. there's nothing like leaving a a civic at a stop light in the wake of my V-8's rumble! i looooooooooooove my mustang and have had no problems mechanically or otherwise. also, i got rid of the cheesy spoiler and the car is now beautiful!