Used 2000 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Rob's Mustang review
By robert j. carrico

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2000 brand new. It had only 2.5 mi. on it when I test drove it. I have had other Mustangs in the past and this one is much better driving in inclement weather than the rest. I also believe it is the best built of all the past Mustangs. Throttle response in this one even today after 50,000 miles is incredible. Transmission is still a sure hook and the car has never let me down when it comes time to start it. I have even driven it in eight inches of snow and it got me home driving eleven miles. No problems with this car at all.

I like the cruise control and the five speed shifter. The exhaust sound just screams MUSTANG! For a sport car the ride is very surprising and quiet, until you crank up the impressive stock Mach stereo system.

More horsepower and acceleration in stock form, and bigger wheels and tires from the factory. The window in mine hasn't died yet but, it is already tired. How about a more masculine horn? How about mandatory hood scoops that make a statement as stock form? How about a six speed in GT?

Rock on Ford!
By bordercollie

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for a car with an affordable price tag, good fuel economy, and good looks, look no farther. This car is way better than a Focus or Escort for looks and style, way safer, has decent power (for a V6), and still gets 27 mpg. Sure it doesn't have the power of the awesome V8, but I wasn't looking for a racer, I was looking for decent MPG and good looks; this car has both. And it still has the great Mustang name. Why buy a Taruas or Focus when this car is out there?

Bucket seats, Mach 460, great, great looks. Turns heads even with the V6.

The 2005 'Stang covers it all, will buy one of those in a couple of years.

Everything I dreamed it would be...
By Mike

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing! There are only two things wrong with it. The trunk opening is TINY even though the trunk is really big. The other thing is that the front cup holder is dangerously close to second gear. Other than that this car is great. Interior/exterior styling is breathtaking. The throaty engine will throw your organs into the back seat if you floor it. Handles like a dream. Gas mileage is very acceptable; so far it's been better than my 2.0L Celica. The seats are comfortable; test drive a Celica if you want to feel pain. Anyway, we all know it's your dream to have one so stop punishing yourself and go buy it. The price is low when it's used, so insurance is the only problem.

A trunk opening that you could fit a basketball through. Also, turn the cup destroyer into a cup holder. I'm not really interested in an interior feature designed to recycle paper cups and wash my car's interior with soda. It's certainly an original idea, but a little ahead of it's time.

Not Too Shabby...
By Rob281

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

A LOT of noise in the rear differential. Kind of unnerving. Now having transmission troubles. Soon to be replaced(again). But performance is INCREDIBLE!

Comfort of this car is AMAZING. NEVER get tired of driving it. Most of the miles are just from going on afternoon drives.

Heavier duty transmissions, and a tighter rear differential would be nice. A HORRIBLE howling sound coming from it.

Dependable racer
By Kimgrlrcr

I have had my car for 3 years now and I
love it now as much as I did when I
bought it. I still get compliments on a
car that is now 4 years old

sharp body lines-American Icon contured interior and leather 4.6 V8-easy to upgrade to more power

stop using plastic snaps to hold in interior pieces-if these break its a pain to keep door panels smooth