Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just owned a week.
By Luis

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Such a fun car to drive. Not the fastest one out there but love the exhaust throaty sound when you romp on the gas.

Favorite Features

Ride quality is not as bad as I thought it would be. Exhaust sounds.

Suggested Improvements

Too much plastic on interior parts. A fatter steering wheel, too thin for me.

Still excited about driving this car
By Woot

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

After 6 years, its still a thrill to drive this car. This car is my daily driver, and it has never let me down. Only maintenance problem that I have ever had was a fuel filter replacement ($200). If you want to keep the stock tires on it (Goodyear Eagles z-rated), be prepared to shell out some cash. Average z-rated tires last about 20-25K before needing replacement. The car seems to get lighter in the front at higher speeds, but then settles down around 70-80. Very throaty exhaust with tight suspension for turning. Finally, I've never lacked power to get out of the path of bad drivers. The 265 horses it comes with, makes it feel like the muscle car it was designed to be.

Favorite Features

Overall muscular look (only if you keep the z-rated, wide tires on - otherwise it would look wimpy). Comfy interior, kicking stereo, tight suspension, power at the fingertips.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the rear spoiler, change the position of cup holders (other reviewers are right, two cups of java get in the way and you can't shift), make the door panels more attractive and lose the mini-indentions placed for style (at least I think they were). Trunk is okay, but layout could be better.

Fun in the Stang
By theprincereturns

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car last spring after I was in an accident in my 2000 Mustang coupe. The convertible is a lot more fun of a car to drive around, and I have been very happy with the reliability of both of the cars. I love the look and drive of the car as well, and recommend the manual transmission, and the V6 if you are doing your own maintenance (more room in the engine compartment makes it easier to access). Road noise and comfort of the convertible make it much less enjoyable on long road trips. After an hour or two on the highway with the top down, your ears will be ringing for hours afterwards. Also you will need excellent tires or more weight in the back to keep traction in rain or snow.

Favorite Features

Got one with leather interior, and I enjoy it a lot. Even the non premium sound system is very good, and I am plenty happy with the acceleration even of the V6. Any more and I would be tempted to speed way too much.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, and weight balance of the car (more to the rear) could have been improved. Also trunk is pretty small. Fine for 2 people, not great for more than that though.

Pretty good vehicle
By Young and Dumb

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Had this car almost 6 years - purchased new. Haven't had a single problem. Runs like a breeze and everything is original. Body is still very tight and looks great. Mach stereo is awesome and sounds best with the top down. Car is a lot of fun to drive, steering is a little heavy, especially when trying to parallel park. Engine is fast on the top end, slow down low. Can still beat 2006 Acuras and many Porsches. Very happy with workmanship - the car looks and drives just as good as the day I bought it without a single squeak. Hope to keep for another 50 years.

Favorite Features

Mach 460 stereo, growling exhaust note, leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests are horrible on seats, the value of the car is suspect, overpriced when new, automatic tranny shifts at the wrong times, no gear hold when trying to do spirited driving. However all in all it's one fun ride.

Not A Bad Ford
By Dirt24

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last summer thinking the v6 would be enough power but it's not! If you have the money go get the 4.6 v8. It isn't all bad, the body style is tight so I would recommend this car because it's Not Bad For A Ford!

Favorite Features

Interior, body style, color (Gold), and the spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust, fog lights on base model and more powerful V6. (Chevy's killing em' in power).