Used 2000 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

It saved me!
By stefff

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My first beautiful 2000 Mustang V6 coupe, purchased in 2010, saved me when some tattooed meth freak hit my driver's door at 60mph as I was making a left turn on a small two lane (no passing zone). I was dazed but the car was totaled, as was f-wit's Honda. He walked away, donchaknow. The replacement, another base 2000 coupe, is even nicer, with fewer miles and the same excellent reliability. It has a bit of clutch chatter, but nothing's perfect. I enjoy every mile and am happy to have some steel wrapped around me!

The V6 engine is strong and well behaved. The stock cheapo seats are comfortable. The gearbox is great with perfect ratios. It is hard to be critical of a car as good as this that sells for $3k - $6k thgese days.

The seat belts are problematic; if given a half twist accidentally they will lock up down inside on the retainer spool and refuse to release. Been through this with both cars. The locking mechanism on the rear seatbacks can jam and refuse to release.

I'm sure this may sound sad.
By firecatf6

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

How much do I love my mustang? I put the car in heated storage and I visit it a couple times a week...and admire it. Sick??? 13years old just turned 100k never seen winter But still oiled and dripping. Works great... Gold and shows so different from red or black. Handles like a dream..with a few upgrades.. I still love the heck out of it. Even after driving a 2013 Boss

Only really fits two

Improve the driving lights

I love my GT
By bob501

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 GT with 147,000 miles on it and have put another 30,000 on it since. The only mechanical failure was the throwout bearing went out on the clutch thats it. This is my 3rd mustang and my favorite one. This car just keeps getting better.

Powerful V8 with a wide power band. Classic pony car style. Lots of quality after market parts available at a low price new and used. Made in America baby.

Make sure you put synthetic oil in it for the engine rear dif and transmission and clean the filters. Change the stick out for a billet aluminum model because the factory shifter is notchy and hard to find third gear. I suggest 373 or 410 gears in the rear end. Race grade clutch. Computer tune. Cold Air intake . Long tube headers and catalytic delete.

Mustang Engine Problem
By maria1669

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 10 months ago at 57,000 miles and have since put on 12,000 miles. I have had no problems with this car since I got it and have done all the regular preventative maintenance and oil changes on date. A rod just broke out of nowhere and now I need to replace the engine. There are only 69,000 miles on this vehicle. This is rediculous. I will not buy another Ford again. I thought of this car as an A+ hands down, and then got blindsided by this incident. Not happy about it and very disappointed.

style, how it rides

Warranties, deck needs improvement unless you custom put your own deck in

Still Loving it after 12 years
By karent1231

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought my Stang new in 2000, would have loved the GT but fell in love with the Gold V6 with the 5 speed. The color still gets compliments today. Have 67K on it, and until yesterday have only had to replace tires, a battery, front brakes,bad window/lock switch and a fuel line which rotted out . Yesterday the clutch blew. I cant even be upset about it. The maintenance on this car has been next to nothing. I love the performance, still has a lot of kick! One bad paint spot on the roof and not happy with the fog on the headlights. Great car and will be buying another when this one decides to go to heaven

Gold paint, responsive 5 speed, favorite body styling till the 2012 came out but feel guilty admiring them I love this one so much.

The foggy headlights and the way water pools in the spoiler after giving her a bath