2000 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Love it!
By quinnk on 04/05/13 17:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I just recently bought a 2000 White Mustang Convertible. I have the automatic version and have not regretted it since I bought it. The gas mileage isn't great...I only get about 300km on each tank, but its so worth it. This car is fun to drive, especially when you put the top down and hear that engine. Its powerful and turns heads. Mine has the leather and suede interior which is a nice feature as all leather can get too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Only complaint would be the brakes squeal a bit...its easily fixed with brake cleaner but I've heard is a common issue with this year and model. Either way I'd fully recommend this car! So fun to drive, and good looking.

Still in love with her!
By Gigi on 08/11/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased her brand new! Worth every penny! 10 years later she is still fun to drive. Hugs roads and has great pick up. I would buy again. Issues were the exhaust manifold design is bad. I think the A/C drips onto it and as a result had to have it welded back together twice because it sounded like a hole in the muffler. Also the clutch went out on her 2 years ago and that had to be replaced. Other than those 2 things I have not had one single mechanical issue. She is picky about her tires. Anything but Yokahoma's seem to run rough. Extremely reliable. Cosmetics after 10 years: my top leaks in behind the back seat due to being left in the sun and not in a garage. Middle tail light faded.

Old Reliable.
By Truz on 01/01/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I commuted 160 miles a day in this and have 202000 on it. Engine still running great. Top is now ready to be replaced last much longer than I thought.

Mustang Sally
By Lynne Knightstep on 07/29/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

My daughter and son-in-law bought this car for me, brand-new as a gift in 2000. I love this car and have lots of fun driving it. It has never had anything go wrong with it in the 9 years that I have owned it. It is a beautiful black convertible, very sleek and sporty. This is my second Mustang (owned the first model in 1965) and I highly recommend them.

Love this car
By bluestang on 08/01/08 22:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a few months back and I am just in love with it. Being a V6 I was expecting very little power but after a cold air intake an exhaust and a short throw shifter this thing is fast! I would recommend this car to anyone!

We don't fix it, we have a better Idea
By Edgar on 06/22/08 22:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in 2001 with 60k miles on the car. My wife wanted a convertible and this car had a higher entry into the car than the GM F- bodies. So, I work a good deal and drove it home. Within 6 month I had to replace the alternator and battery. No biggy. About to months later the coil pack. Well this went on about every 4 to 5 months. Also within the first year I had to remove the intake and clean it because of carbon build up. For use a poorly designed valve cover which lets engine gases escape into the PVC line. At 120,000 miles the head gasket blew, and I had enough of this car breaking down. The door windows hit the top when opening and closing. 2005 got the better idea fix.

Great summer car
By Mandy on 11/05/07 14:01 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Mustang about 2 years ago in Florida and then moved back north. This car has been wonderfully reliable taking me to and from Florida. My only complaint regarding long trips is that the driver's seat is horribly uncomfortable and I really get poor gas mileage. Until recently I haven't had any problems with the car. Lately the convertible top back near the window has been leaking and now I am dealing with wet floors. I think it is mostly due to the Florida sun drying out the top for 5 years since it was never garage kept. I get tons of compliments though!

2000 V6 Convertible
By Mustang2000Vert on 06/07/07 08:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a year and a half ago with 24000 miles, now it has a bit over 50000. Absolutely no mechanical issues to date. Always starts right up, even in the dead cold of winter. Plenty of power for a V6 and gas mileage is good for a V6. I was wary to buy a Ford after owning an 1989 Escort in the past that was garbage, but this car looked so shiny and lonely when I first saw it, just pleading to be driven, and I fell in love with it. It's such a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. Its a real head turner too, I always get complements on it. I highly recommend this car and would definately buy another Mustang in the future. Take car of it and it will take care of you.

Surprising Performance
By dave on 04/12/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I wasn't looking for a Mustang and have never been a big fan. I saw this 7 year old vehicle with less than 55k miles while looking at other convertibles. I gave it a try because of the low price and was really impressed. I actually liked the handling better than Mustang GT convertibles I'd driven. I was surprised by how powerful the V6 felt with the 5 speed manual. My particular car must have spent a lot of time in the garage based on the low mileage, tight feel, and nearly flawless interior and exterior. I thought I'd miss the quick open/close of the top that I had with a Miata, but this power top is fast and seems well made. On the road the blue color seems one of the least common.

Bac to the Future
By PONGO on 02/10/07 17:45 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

The car reminds me of a Porsche I owned. Most stable performance from a convertible, no less. I like the long throw shift better on this car than a 2007.