Used 2000 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love it!
By quinnk

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I just recently bought a 2000 White Mustang Convertible. I have the automatic version and have not regretted it since I bought it. The gas mileage isn't great...I only get about 300km on each tank, but its so worth it. This car is fun to drive, especially when you put the top down and hear that engine. Its powerful and turns heads. Mine has the leather and suede interior which is a nice feature as all leather can get too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Only complaint would be the brakes squeal a bit...its easily fixed with brake cleaner but I've heard is a common issue with this year and model. Either way I'd fully recommend this car! So fun to drive, and good looking.

The power roof, leather/suede seats, powerful engine

Not much to improve besides gas mileage (but that comes with the powerful engine) The shifter is in a funny place so I find myself reaching, and maybe the cigarette lighter could be in a better place so that an iPhone mount can fit.

Still in love with her!
By Gigi

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased her brand new! Worth every penny! 10 years later she is still fun to drive. Hugs roads and has great pick up. I would buy again. Issues were the exhaust manifold design is bad. I think the A/C drips onto it and as a result had to have it welded back together twice because it sounded like a hole in the muffler. Also the clutch went out on her 2 years ago and that had to be replaced. Other than those 2 things I have not had one single mechanical issue. She is picky about her tires. Anything but Yokahoma's seem to run rough. Extremely reliable. Cosmetics after 10 years: my top leaks in behind the back seat due to being left in the sun and not in a garage. Middle tail light faded.

Fun to drive, seat fits like a glove. love the convertible.

Redesign engine so A/C doesn't drip on manifold and Y pipe doesn't get holes in it.

Old Reliable.
By Truz

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I commuted 160 miles a day in this and have 202000 on it. Engine still running great. Top is now ready to be replaced last much longer than I thought.

Top Down and Mach Stereo

Auto headlights would be great.

Mustang Sally
By Lynne Knightstep

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

My daughter and son-in-law bought this car for me, brand-new as a gift in 2000. I love this car and have lots of fun driving it. It has never had anything go wrong with it in the 9 years that I have owned it. It is a beautiful black convertible, very sleek and sporty. This is my second Mustang (owned the first model in 1965) and I highly recommend them.

The sleek, sporty appearance and the Stero System. Extremely dependable car.

It is a little difficult getting out of the car.

Powerful, Reliable V8
By Cody

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

An all around great quality car. I highly recommend it. The V8 has plenty of power, I have added exhaust and Intake which are a must for this model. The exhaust adds that mean rumble while the intake adds hp and saves major gas. The only down side is the interior is cheap, but doesn't look too bad. It is also rough in the winter, but what car isn't?

Loud, Powerful, Convertible, 5-speed, awesome look, good gas mileage, and reliable.

The cup holder is in the way of shifting gears. 5th gear is a joke, major power loss.