2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Powerful, Reliable V8
By Cody on 05/18/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

An all around great quality car. I highly recommend it. The V8 has plenty of power, I have added exhaust and Intake which are a must for this model. The exhaust adds that mean rumble while the intake adds hp and saves major gas. The only down side is the interior is cheap, but doesn't look too bad. It is also rough in the winter, but what car isn't?

Mystang
By mystang on 02/11/07 13:01 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Well my mom got this Mustang in 03 for a real good deal. It's one of a kind (black w/ white top and white leather). Now I drive it mostly and I have to say it is fun. It is quite poor at low rps however when it's up there, it's really up there. Had tranny problems and power widow control sank into door. Fog lights are constant problem. Back seat is nonexistent and front is uncomfortable. Stereo is awesome though. other than above mentioned problems, this car seems quite reliable.

Pretty good vehicle
By Young and Dumb on 05/09/06 13:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Had this car almost 6 years - purchased new. Haven't had a single problem. Runs like a breeze and everything is original. Body is still very tight and looks great. Mach stereo is awesome and sounds best with the top down. Car is a lot of fun to drive, steering is a little heavy, especially when trying to parallel park. Engine is fast on the top end, slow down low. Can still beat 2006 Acuras and many Porsches. Very happy with workmanship - the car looks and drives just as good as the day I bought it without a single squeak. Hope to keep for another 50 years.

The horse keeps trottin'
By Ed on 04/29/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased my car private party about 3 years ago. In the 3 years of owning it, I have come to find a few things. These are very tight convertibles, well made with a lot of power. They are also one of the quietest on the road with the top up. Plenty of power, and decent gas mileage around town, but can get very good when on the open road driving long distances. Coming from a 5.0, I was hesitant on a 4.6 car, but made sure I got a 99-up with the 265HP. Plenty of power to set you straight. My only issue is the coolant sensor light that seems to be a typical issue with the 99-00 cars. Get a 5 speed. The resale on the automatic cars is poorer.

Great Fun
By donaghms on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Never had such fun in a ragtop. Handling is nice and involving, I can throw out the back end and control it. It zips round country lanes with ease; it turns heads; it leaves boy racers standing. Now where can I get me the money for a Saleen SC?

Fun car but needs help
By randali on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Fun car to drive. No major problems since purchase. Has to many squeeks for a car with 33K miles. The 5 speed tranny can be cumbersome and sometimes produces a clanking sound. The cabin is very noisy and a lot of heat comes up from the center console by the parking break. Terrible seating position and unacceptable adjustment for head rests (I'm 5'10 and the headrest does not reach my head. The plastic interior is kind of cheesy and has sharp edges. Exhaust sounds great and its an eyecatcher in red but I wouldn't buy another.

A Really Good Car
By Victoria MV on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I've had this great car for a year and 3 months now. It was two years old with 32k miles and I have since added another 22k miles. I have experienced absolutely no problems and the car runs great. A couple months back, I got into a car accident but the car proved to be incredibly resilient. The car has never given me any reason to feel unsafe, even at very high speeds (upwards of 130 mph).

I love my Mustang!
By Lorien on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned my Mustang convertible for two and a half trouble-free years. This is a well made car for its level of vehicle. I owned Cadillacs previously and while this isn't a Caddy, it is exactly what I wanted...a fun convertible with lots of power! I have found the Ford brand to be high quality and the dealership to be very good. Would highly recommend this car!

Just A Stang
By trrbo on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car for my wife in 2000. The next day went out and put 2 stage flows on it to make it rumble. It guzzles gas, is a little sluggish on the bottom, but once it gets going it is fairly fast. My Ford F150 has more torque and is quicker off the bottom. Overall, it is fun to drive, but is very loud (ragtop)and the tranny has already gone out. Thank god it was under warranty. It has been a fun car, but it rattles a lot and feels loose with only 27,000 miles. I won't buy another one.

not perfect, but pretty good
By caspian6 on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used with 3200 miles on it. Saved about $5k over a new one. The car has been ok since I've owned it, I have a couple problems with it though. First is the throwout bearing noise which Ford refuses to admit to hearing. Second is a rear chassis squeak that they of course cannot hear neither. I rarely drive the car now so these nuances are not that big of a deal. I just installed Steeda Sport Springs and I can't believe the improvement. Ford should have put these on from the start! Otherwise, I love the exhaust note and the power.