How much do I love my mustang?
I put the car in heated storage and I visit it a couple times a week...and admire it.
13years old just turned 100k never seen winter
But still oiled and dripping.
Works great... Gold and shows so different from red or black.
Handles like a dream..with a few upgrades..
I still love the heck out of it.
Even after driving a 2013 Boss
I bought my 2000 GT with 147,000 miles on it and have put another 30,000 on it since. The only mechanical failure was the throwout bearing went out on the clutch thats it. This is my 3rd mustang and my favorite one. This car just keeps getting better.
Powerful V8 with a wide power band. Classic pony car style. Lots of quality after market parts available at a low price new and used. Made in America baby.
Make sure you put synthetic oil in it for the engine rear dif and transmission and clean the filters. Change the stick out for a billet aluminum model because the factory shifter is notchy and hard to find third gear.
I suggest 373 or 410 gears in the rear end. Race grade clutch. Computer tune. Cold Air intake . Long tube headers and catalytic delete.
I've owned my 2000 Mustang GT for only 9 months, and I've already put it for sale.....
how can I write a favorable review of it if I don't even wish to keep it?
Yet, the car really is terrific - it just doesn't stir my soul!
Mine has 75,000 miles on it (bought it with 65,000), and it has been nothing but pleasure to own.
I bought it and immediately lowered it with H&R springs (the wheel gap on 99-04 Mustangs is HIDEOUS), and put a Pro5.0 shifter in it.
If I was keeping it, I'd put a set of Flowmasters and 4.10 gears on it.
I love the fact that you have a bread and butter V8 in here that anyone can repair (if needed) that still has performance that'll whollop many cars on the road.
- High revving V8 engine - this Ford SOHC 4.6 engine appears in hundreds of thousands of other Fords and Lincolns.....
and it's good!
- excellent clutch action; not too heavy, and not too light
- wonderful shifting transmission
- nice interior
- super dependable.
In 9 months and 10,000 miles, not a single problem with it.
- easy to work on....
this technology has been around for years - anyone can work on this car (if needed)
- tons of aftermarket parts for it
- gets lots of looks and compliments
After driving this car for a while, I've never liked the suspension.
It is firm (I added lowering springs, and I like that), but you can certainly feel the flex in the chassis.
Handling doesn't quicken the pulse as I expected it would.
I love the tossability of other cars, and this car seems like its 80% of the way there, but the remaining 20% is lacking.
The rear axle almost seems disconnected from the front of the car.
I'm sure there are aftermarket parts that would tighten things up, but should you have to do that?
The Mach 460 stereo is only mediocre.
I've owned my 2000 Mustang GT for 4+ years now. Car now has 155K on her and she's still running strong. The only major failures I've had was the Intake Manifold coolant line busting & heater core leaking(major pain to fix). I've really driven this car hard, but always maintained it, and she is still going strong. Please stop listing to idiots bash a car because they 1. they neglect it. and 2. they give a bad rap because of normal Maintenance items they have to replace(rotors/pads/air filters/fuel filters/plugs). On a different note, after a few basic mods, these cars will run with the feared LS1 Camaro's.
Things to Love:
1. Exhaust Note(especially with L/T headers)
2. Body Styling
3. Handling(very decent for an American car)
4. Plenty of power to have some fun and play with the competition.
5. Interior Design is Very decent and does look nice.
6. Factory Mach 460 sound system is great!
7. Extremely reliable & very easily modifiable.
Things that should be fixed:
1. Have 3.73 Rear Diff gears from factory.
2. Fog Lights that don't fog.
3. Sun Roof would be nice option.
4. Get rid of those worthless rear seats.
5. dash cluster & some interior features could use some spicing up(thank god for aftermarket)
6. The stock shifter is like driving a semi, a shorter throw would be nice(yay for aftermarket)
7. would have been nice to see a little more power to compete hand & hand with the 5.7L LS1. Sure their is the Cobra, but even the 4v DOHC should have been making more then 320HP.
This Mustang is my 4th and I love it. The 5 spd tranny shifts smoothly, and the 4.6L engine has plenty of GITTYUP and GO. I get around 22-23 MPG on the highway. The exhaust sound is awesome. The Mach stereo system is OK and the instrument cluster is easy to read and watch. the leather interior is very comfortable and being 6'2" and 225 lbs, I have plenty of room in the drivers and passenger seats. I do not have room in the back even if the seats are moved forward, but I did not buy it to carry people around. I bought it for the PERFORMANCE. I have had camaros and trans ams, and the Mustang is my favorite. Plenty of aftermarket parts, so your bank account won't go empty if a repair pops up.