1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Excellent Choice

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Excellent Choice
By timothy novak on

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for a little over 4 years, and have not had any major problems with it. Of course, the oxygen sensors have needed to be replaced, but doesn't every car have that problem? Periodically, my odometer displays turns off, but this is just a minor problem...if even a problem at all. Yesterday, it wouldn't start, so I will need to replace either the battery or the starter. Now this is no big deal, considering the car is paid for, and this is the only problem that I have ever had. Over all, excellent car and I would buy another.

I like the performance; however, do not like the insurance rate I have because it is classified as a "sports car" (yeah right - it's not a Porsche). I like the Mach stereo system. I like the layout of the interior, and I enjoy the leather. I also had an aftermarket power sunroof installed.

I would suggest better plastic covering for the headlights. They are very difficult to clean - not even Ajax works. I would suggest a better interior lighting system, but who really needs that. I guess I don't have too many suggestions.