1999 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Fun and cheap
By wcamp

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

54,000 miles and only changed the oil and tires. Runs like a champ and is a ton of fun

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is too far forward on the manual. Two tone the interior.

six-pack
By six-pack

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

fun to drive all year round just throw some weight in the trunk in the winter. pretty good out of the hole could better,top speed 118 the chip holds you back. i like them so much i bought two one for me and one for my wife

Favorite Features

it looks good

Suggested Improvements

more power

best car i ever owned
By oltraviolince

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

i love this car if you dont have one get one i absolutely adore it!

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

i wish it was a little more stable in the rain but my new kuhmo supras fixed that

Buy with Caution
By Phoenix30

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This is not a vehicle to buy if you have no other mode of transportation. It handles beautifully in ideal conditions (i.e. dry roads) but is truly awful in all others. If you tend to punch the gas on take off, as I do, the tires will just spin if the road is anything but perfectly dry. Even with an extra 280lbs. in the trunk, it handled like a bobsled in the rain or snow.

Favorite Features

I thought it was very comfortable for a sports car. Good giddy-up from a dead stop. Excellent braking on dry pavement. Lots of driver room.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to hold the road better in non- ideal conditions. Better weight distribution. Wet pavement breaking leaves much to be desired. Be prepared for rear-end accidents.

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe
By MustangShelly

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used with only 400 miles on it. The only major problem I had with it was that a spark plug connection got loose and my car went dead while going 80 on IH-10. Good thing I was in the right lane and next to the sholder. Got it towed and fixed. Other maintenance has been oil changes and tire rotation. All-in-all, a great car. I have been rear-ended and have rear-ended someone else and the only damage has been bumper. The body held up nicely. Wish it was a little more roomy. My husband who is 6'4" has problems driving comfortably.

Favorite Features

Look, Style, Radio (Mach)

Suggested Improvements

More room. Smoother ride

Kel's 35th Anniversary Edition GT
By Kellie

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I Love my car.. Having previously owned a pony mustang, my GT kicks butt. I have owned/driven many sports cars and none compare to the excitement of a Mustang..

Favorite Features

Looks and stereo (premium sound)

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holder and make adjustable so the smaller cups don't fall over. Make a sunroof/moonroof part of the premium package.

No problems, high sex appeal
By tpip

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Styling has great appeal. Great handling and performance. Performance better than many foriegn makes costing much more.

Favorite Features

engine rumble

Suggested Improvements

none

Great bang for the buck!!
By 99GTdroptop

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Great overall car. You get a great looking car, tire smoking power, all the options plus more, and a convertible for a great price. Wish they changed the interior a bit more (from the previous 94-98 Stangs) to give it that "new" feeling but all the controls are easy to use and access so it's not too big of a deal. The new exterior took a bit of getting used to when they first came out but I love it now. You definetly get a lot of looks and nice comments. Also handles good and fuel economy is what you would expect from a V8 sports car.

Favorite Features

Convertible, awesome sounding exhaust (especially with the aftermarket exhaust systems), and great head turning styling.

Suggested Improvements

Useless cupholders (front hole is too close to the shifter and the back isn't deep enough so drinks can spill easily), 4X4 looking stance (sits way too high for a sports car), and a bit more power straight from the factory would be nice (maybe around 300HP)

Blue Stang!
By JRL

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have owned my blue Mustang since 1999 and I must admit I love it. I have growed up driving that thing in a way because I drove it to Highschool and now I am driving it to College. V6 performance is certainly acceptible and even as a 6 footer I find it very comfortable and pleasant inside. This car is nicely priced with its large amount of standard features(My aunt owns a 24000 accord with no CD player!) The V6 also offers cheaper insurance rates and the aftermarket parts are really opening up if you want your stang to look better and perform better. I've had no maitnance problems and the car is running great with 18550 on it.

Favorite Features

Just the all around design and the fact that this car has some room on the inside even though it is a sports car. Also nice standard features

Suggested Improvements

Just more power, but this is really what the after market is for. Perhaps a larger V6 engine though like a 4.2

My GT
By Joe Zitelli

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Very nice car. Great Acceleration, Very good handling, Very Good Brakes. Interior could use some leather on the door trim and better padding on arm rest. Other than that, very solid car. Seats are somewhat uncomfortable on long drives

Favorite Features

Engine

Suggested Improvements

Highback performance seats, better padding on armrest.