Used 1999 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang is FUN
By jaybird

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1999 Mustang brand new in 1999. It was one of the first 13 sold in my city that year. From the moment I first sat in the car for test drive I was in love with the car. In a little over 4 years, I have not had any trouble - mechanical or otherwise - with this car. It is a blast to drive and still gets looks everywhere I go!

My favorite feature of the 1999 Mustang is the general body style. It reminds me of the Classic Mustangs from the '60's!

I don't know how you could improve the 1999 Mustang - except that I saw an ad for a 2005 Mustang and I'm in love all over again!

Love my mustang
By kakrunner

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used with 32,000 miles on it two years ago. Have only had a few problems and have really enjoyed driving it. However, do not attempt to drive in ice! In snow it is not too bad if you take it slow.

I love the Mach stereo system and the seats are really comfortable (in the front). The styling and handling are great!

Seatbelts are a hazard for both small children and adults. Have had problems with power window on driver's side, as well as misfiring of the engine in hot weather. Brake pedal makes some noise.

LUV MY STANG SO WHAT ITS A V6
By TOM SHAUGHNESSSY

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR 3 YEARS. ITS A FUN CAR AND A HEAD TURNER.THE V6 IS STRONG.BUT REMBER ITS NO V8.THE MPG ARE 23 TO 26.THATS WHAT I SEE ANYWAY.IT HAS A GOOD RIDE GOOD ON TRIPS.I LIVE IN WV AND WE GET SOME SNOW HERE.AS LONG AS YOU PUT GOOD SNOW TIRES ON IT GOES FINE.WE RUN THIS CAR EVERY DAY ALMOST. NOW DONT TAKE THAT WRONG 15 INCHES OF SNOW WE LET IT SAY IN THE GARGE.THE ONLY PROBLEM IVE HAD WAS THE HOOD CRACKED AT THE CORNER OF THE HOOD SCOOP. FORD REPLACED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS. YES THIS IS A FUN CAR .

THE LOOK ITS A HEAD TUNER. POWER NOT BAD JUST KEEP IN MIND IS NOT A V8.LOOK AT THE TAIL LIGHTS THERE REAL COOL.

NEVER MAKE IT FRONT WHEEL DRIVE . A LITTLE MORE HORSE POWER NEVER HURTS. BUT I WOULD SAY THAT ABOUT MOST IF NOT ALL CARS.

let down
By wantsanewjetta

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

the headliner falls, too many rattles, the trunk gets too torn up from regular daily use, valve problems, just not very dependable. only 49000k on it and i already feel like i cant trust it. too many small things have added up to me not liking my car very much. decent gas mileage, nice style, acceptable performance, great front seat room

style, mileage,

just not all that dependable. go with foreign.

A fun car to drive
By rip3000gt

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My mustang has good power (if you want more get a GT) and it handles well in dry conditions. In wet weather starting on a hill the wheels may slip a little. In the snow, I don't know. The exterior and interior have awesome looks. I don't have the Mach stereo, but the stock one sounds great anyways (some people thought I had a system). For a sports car it is very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the front. I am 62 and 290 lbs. and there is plenty of room. The only complaint is no key lock on the passenger door and when you put a drink in the cup holder it gets in the way of shifting into 2nd. I also get about 24mpg.

The whole car is awesome.