1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
99 2DR Standard Mustang
By Cyndi Kreiner on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I've had an excellent experience with my Mustang. It's been exceedingly reliable and has required very little maintenance. In 49,000 miles and "check-ups" every 3 months, I've only needed oil changes, tire rotations and air filters. On the down-side, it's obviously terrible in snow and ice. However, the traction control makes a huge difference. I've never been stuck and I've driven in a lot of snow living in Northern Ohio and Michigan.

1999 Mustang
By macko9er on 03/09/02 11:39 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Who cares if it's not a cobra or a GT. I took the money I saved from not buying a 2000 GT and now I'm pushing 411hp.

Stang It Up
By A-Bryl on 03/08/02 08:49 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

When looking for my own first car, I was lucky enough to have my Dad pay for whatever I wanted. I got to test drive an older Eclipse, and a Z28. Even though i was pretty torn between the Z28 and Mustang, it was really no comparision once i really thought about it. Sure the Z28 is so much faster, but the inside is pathetic and so out-dated. Mean while inside the Mustang is completely different which included a Mach 1000 Sound System. Stick is more than worth it.

still loving my stang!
By 99stangowner on 03/03/02 18:53 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

In September of 1999 my husband and I were looking for another car. We test drove the mustang, and loved it. 2 1/2 years later we are still enjoying it, and have only had to do routine maintenance on it. No trips back to the dealer...not once, not yet! It has about 48,000 miles on it now, is a V6, manual transmission, with a rear spoiler. Great car, fun, fast, and easy to drive!

Great car
By vin on 02/28/02 20:23 PM (PST)

Runs great