Used 1999 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

FUNSTANG
By DAN the mustang man

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great ride!! Gotta love to punch it, so you can make it out in front of any traffic. Sure it handles poor in the rain and snow but it also depends on the driver, I passed many a SUV's on the way to work in the snow (I've never been stuck). Damn those cup holders, my interior would be in excellent shape if it wasn't for the hundreds of soda the gear shift helped spill. Also the standard is a must, the automatic just didn't have the power behind it.

Favorite Features

my first cd player

Suggested Improvements

cupholders

35th V-6 Mustang
By bcombs

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Fun car though be very aware of your area, of all the toys and add ons out there for stangs, nothing helps them in snow. Outside of the handling poorly in in snow and the trunk being a little small,(though both are to be a bit expected), it has been one of the most enjojable cars I have had in 20 years!

Favorite Features

Doesn't come from Ford but father the fact that the Mustang V-6 or V-8 can be modified and modified and modified. Only your imagination and pocket book can limit you.

Suggested Improvements

The unibody construction is a bit weak for even the V-6 and its cornering cababilities. Kenny Brown's subframe is a cheap fix to this problem.

NO PROBLEMS
By DRIVEN396

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

hAVE DRIVEN CAR 98000 MILES SINCE i BOUGHT IT NEW. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. cAR STARTED UP EACH AN EVERYDAY. ALL I'VE DONE IS CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3500 MILES. OH! THE BRAKES DO WEAR PRETTY QUICKLY. 4 TIMES HAD TO REPLACE. ONLY THING WRONG IS THE DRIVER SEAT IS STARTIBG TO FRAY ON THE EDGE. GUESS ITS THE WAY I GET IN THE CAR. GOES IN SNOW AND RAIN. MACH STERO IS AWESOME AND BODY STYLE STILL TURNS HEADS.

Favorite Features

LOOKS AND RELIABLITY. NEVER A PROBLEM.

Suggested Improvements

LONGER LASTING BRAKES.

By EBottles

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

With all this talk of American cars not delivering quality, I have to disagree. I hammer on this car every time I drive it, and haven't had a single problem and it has over 80K miles. Then to top it off the Mustang delivers the best power for your money too. I love getting into this car everyday, even after four years of ownership. My next car will be another Mustang. Thank you Ford.

Favorite Features

Performance! Speed, quickness, handling....This car will do what I want it to, when I want it to.

Suggested Improvements

The placement of the cupholder is horrible in the 1999, but Ford fixed this for 2000.

Reliable Pony
By Jorge G

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over 4 years now. I am going to sell it to get the 2003 Cobra. I would say that this is the best car I have ever owned. I only had one problem with it. The ignition switch went out, but the dealer took care of that. No charge, it was still under warranty. The gas milage is not great, but if that is what you want buy a 4 banger.

Favorite Features

Looks sharp. Good power for a V6. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust on the V6, Better driver seat. Cupholder redesign. The cassette player was a waste. I never used it.