Used 1999 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Love my mustang
By kakrunner on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used with 32,000 miles on it two years ago. Have only had a few problems and have really enjoyed driving it. However, do not attempt to drive in ice! In snow it is not too bad if you take it slow.

LUV MY STANG SO WHAT ITS A V6
By TOM SHAUGHNESSSY on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR 3 YEARS. ITS A FUN CAR AND A HEAD TURNER.THE V6 IS STRONG.BUT REMBER ITS NO V8.THE MPG ARE 23 TO 26.THATS WHAT I SEE ANYWAY.IT HAS A GOOD RIDE GOOD ON TRIPS.I LIVE IN WV AND WE GET SOME SNOW HERE.AS LONG AS YOU PUT GOOD SNOW TIRES ON IT GOES FINE.WE RUN THIS CAR EVERY DAY ALMOST. NOW DONT TAKE THAT WRONG 15 INCHES OF SNOW WE LET IT SAY IN THE GARGE.THE ONLY PROBLEM IVE HAD WAS THE HOOD CRACKED AT THE CORNER OF THE HOOD SCOOP. FORD REPLACED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS. YES THIS IS A FUN CAR .

let down
By wantsanewjetta on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

the headliner falls, too many rattles, the trunk gets too torn up from regular daily use, valve problems, just not very dependable. only 49000k on it and i already feel like i cant trust it. too many small things have added up to me not liking my car very much. decent gas mileage, nice style, acceptable performance, great front seat room

A fun car to drive
By rip3000gt on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My mustang has good power (if you want more get a GT) and it handles well in dry conditions. In wet weather starting on a hill the wheels may slip a little. In the snow, I don't know. The exterior and interior have awesome looks. I don't have the Mach stereo, but the stock one sounds great anyways (some people thought I had a system). For a sports car it is very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the front. I am 62 and 290 lbs. and there is plenty of room. The only complaint is no key lock on the passenger door and when you put a drink in the cup holder it gets in the way of shifting into 2nd. I also get about 24mpg.

99 stang
By uafb1 on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

this car has not been in the shop since buying except for routine maint. Gas mileage not great but car is fun to drive. I love the body style....

Cooper's Mustang Review
By cooper on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought the Mustang used in 2000. The Ford had 18,000 miles on it and I ran the total to 56,000. I have not had a single problem in the 38,000 miles and the 2 years I've owned the car. Handles as good as it looks. Impressive!

six-pack
By six-pack on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

fun to drive all year round just throw some weight in the trunk in the winter. pretty good out of the hole could better,top speed 118 the chip holds you back. i like them so much i bought two one for me and one for my wife

Buy with Caution
By Phoenix30 on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This is not a vehicle to buy if you have no other mode of transportation. It handles beautifully in ideal conditions (i.e. dry roads) but is truly awful in all others. If you tend to punch the gas on take off, as I do, the tires will just spin if the road is anything but perfectly dry. Even with an extra 280lbs. in the trunk, it handled like a bobsled in the rain or snow.

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe
By MustangShelly on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used with only 400 miles on it. The only major problem I had with it was that a spark plug connection got loose and my car went dead while going 80 on IH-10. Good thing I was in the right lane and next to the sholder. Got it towed and fixed. Other maintenance has been oil changes and tire rotation. All-in-all, a great car. I have been rear-ended and have rear-ended someone else and the only damage has been bumper. The body held up nicely. Wish it was a little more roomy. My husband who is 6'4" has problems driving comfortably.

Blue Stang!
By JRL on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have owned my blue Mustang since 1999 and I must admit I love it. I have growed up driving that thing in a way because I drove it to Highschool and now I am driving it to College. V6 performance is certainly acceptible and even as a 6 footer I find it very comfortable and pleasant inside. This car is nicely priced with its large amount of standard features(My aunt owns a 24000 accord with no CD player!) The V6 also offers cheaper insurance rates and the aftermarket parts are really opening up if you want your stang to look better and perform better. I've had no maitnance problems and the car is running great with 18550 on it.