Used 1999 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love or hate
By Love or hate

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love the car's style and performance. However my driver side exhaust manifold had litteraly broken twice now. That is quite enoying at a cost of around $450 each time. It only has 85000 miles and the clearcoat is falling off of the car. I washed and waxed the car religiously. The interior is still like brand new.

Rear wheel drive, stereo, looks, CD and cassete player (for my Ipod)

Paint quality, exhaust qulity, CD player does not always work. Cassette player is done.

I know, I know, all 10's?
By Ruby The Red Pony

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Yep. And it's the truth. I have had nothing but a great experience owning this little pony for the past 9 years running strong. It still shines up nice, gets looks from everybody- and their mom. It sounds cool even with a stock v6. Nice little rumble. Power? Very sufficient. Handling? Does fine, takes corners, stops on a dime. Interior? I have driven the new (05+ models) and I honsetly didn't feel as snug in them. I like the hugging quality of this model over the newer, more sedan-like interiors. Feels sportier. I put GT rims and tires on mine for a little more handling. Never had a breakdown. I have driven this thing across the country, pure joy. What a great car. For the price, a great deal. Great stereo, great motor, looks awesome. A value and a joy.

Cornering. It just sticks to the road. Suspension. Comfortable yet stiff. Looks great. Engine: solid and powerful. Nice torque. Keeps up with anybody pretty easy. Actually fits quite a bit of stuff in the trunk.

Love my car
By ebonyrebel

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a junior in college. I'd always wanted a Mustang since I was a child. The roar of the pipes and the overall sexiness of the car was totally appealing to me. I've put a lot of highway miles on it due to college and traveling home over the years. As a young woman driver on the road alone a lot it's been very reassuring to know that my Stang is realiable. Only work I've had done is a new alternator and now I need a started. That's it.

Powerful. I'll never forget the first time I fish-talied..whoo hoo! Style. People are always complementing the car. What's not attractive about a Mustang. Dependability!

The headlights are really foggy and since I'm only 5 feet tall it's not that comfortable to me.

Excellent Choice
By timothy novak

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for a little over 4 years, and have not had any major problems with it. Of course, the oxygen sensors have needed to be replaced, but doesn't every car have that problem? Periodically, my odometer displays turns off, but this is just a minor problem...if even a problem at all. Yesterday, it wouldn't start, so I will need to replace either the battery or the starter. Now this is no big deal, considering the car is paid for, and this is the only problem that I have ever had. Over all, excellent car and I would buy another.

I like the performance; however, do not like the insurance rate I have because it is classified as a "sports car" (yeah right - it's not a Porsche). I like the Mach stereo system. I like the layout of the interior, and I enjoy the leather. I also had an aftermarket power sunroof installed.

I would suggest better plastic covering for the headlights. They are very difficult to clean - not even Ajax works. I would suggest a better interior lighting system, but who really needs that. I guess I don't have too many suggestions.

Great car for the money!
By E H King

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My friend purchased this model a few months before me. I loved it so much, I went out and bought one. This has been the best car I have owned. For the money, it's hard to beat. Quality, durability, and it's fun! Total in almost 6 years of owning for all/any repairs: $350.00. Minor work done. Just now had to change brakes. Other than oil changes no up keep!

The design of the car. It looks sleek.

The headlights can get moisture in them. However, I replaced easily off of eBay.