1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Been around 40 years for a reason!
By jereski on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

The Mustang is a great deal, reliable, full of character, fun to drive, and even sensible. Civic, Celica and so on don't compare as a whole package. The 99+ V6 is a bargain in every respect. Trunk space is good compared to most small cars, and fold through rear seats are really convenient. Kids enjoy the rear seat. They don't need an SUV! Adults can fit uncomfortably in the back, but who cares about them? This car is about you, the driver. The manual makes the car alive and gears are flexible through hills. Highway mileage is great for a car like this (27 or so) but city drops pretty quickly to around 20. For what this car costs, buy one and some snow tires!

LASER RED 35TH ANN. MUSTANG V6
By T.Vo on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I BOUGHT THE MASTANG USED W/ 35000 IN 2003. THIS CAR IS GREAT. I HAVE PUT MANY MODS AND AFTERMARKET PARTS ON THIS THING AND IT STILL RUNS GREEAT, EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST DAY I GOT IT. NEVER HAD ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH IT YET.

FUNSTANG
By DAN the mustang man on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Great ride!! Gotta love to punch it, so you can make it out in front of any traffic. Sure it handles poor in the rain and snow but it also depends on the driver, I passed many a SUV's on the way to work in the snow (I've never been stuck). Damn those cup holders, my interior would be in excellent shape if it wasn't for the hundreds of soda the gear shift helped spill. Also the standard is a must, the automatic just didn't have the power behind it.

35th V-6 Mustang
By bcombs on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Fun car though be very aware of your area, of all the toys and add ons out there for stangs, nothing helps them in snow. Outside of the handling poorly in in snow and the trunk being a little small,(though both are to be a bit expected), it has been one of the most enjojable cars I have had in 20 years!

NO PROBLEMS
By DRIVEN396 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

hAVE DRIVEN CAR 98000 MILES SINCE i BOUGHT IT NEW. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. cAR STARTED UP EACH AN EVERYDAY. ALL I'VE DONE IS CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3500 MILES. OH! THE BRAKES DO WEAR PRETTY QUICKLY. 4 TIMES HAD TO REPLACE. ONLY THING WRONG IS THE DRIVER SEAT IS STARTIBG TO FRAY ON THE EDGE. GUESS ITS THE WAY I GET IN THE CAR. GOES IN SNOW AND RAIN. MACH STERO IS AWESOME AND BODY STYLE STILL TURNS HEADS.

By EBottles on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

With all this talk of American cars not delivering quality, I have to disagree. I hammer on this car every time I drive it, and haven't had a single problem and it has over 80K miles. Then to top it off the Mustang delivers the best power for your money too. I love getting into this car everyday, even after four years of ownership. My next car will be another Mustang. Thank you Ford.

Mustang is FUN
By jaybird on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1999 Mustang brand new in 1999. It was one of the first 13 sold in my city that year. From the moment I first sat in the car for test drive I was in love with the car. In a little over 4 years, I have not had any trouble - mechanical or otherwise - with this car. It is a blast to drive and still gets looks everywhere I go!

Reliable Pony
By Jorge G on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over 4 years now. I am going to sell it to get the 2003 Cobra. I would say that this is the best car I have ever owned. I only had one problem with it. The ignition switch went out, but the dealer took care of that. No charge, it was still under warranty. The gas milage is not great, but if that is what you want buy a 4 banger.

Love my mustang
By kakrunner on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used with 32,000 miles on it two years ago. Have only had a few problems and have really enjoyed driving it. However, do not attempt to drive in ice! In snow it is not too bad if you take it slow.

LUV MY STANG SO WHAT ITS A V6
By TOM SHAUGHNESSSY on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR 3 YEARS. ITS A FUN CAR AND A HEAD TURNER.THE V6 IS STRONG.BUT REMBER ITS NO V8.THE MPG ARE 23 TO 26.THATS WHAT I SEE ANYWAY.IT HAS A GOOD RIDE GOOD ON TRIPS.I LIVE IN WV AND WE GET SOME SNOW HERE.AS LONG AS YOU PUT GOOD SNOW TIRES ON IT GOES FINE.WE RUN THIS CAR EVERY DAY ALMOST. NOW DONT TAKE THAT WRONG 15 INCHES OF SNOW WE LET IT SAY IN THE GARGE.THE ONLY PROBLEM IVE HAD WAS THE HOOD CRACKED AT THE CORNER OF THE HOOD SCOOP. FORD REPLACED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS. YES THIS IS A FUN CAR .