Used 1999 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

my black beauty
By hella good 43

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I recently bought my 99 Mustang GT Convertible&have yet to be dissappointed.It's beautiful,&the interior is roomy enough for 2 up front,however,I quickly abandoned the possibility of fitting 2 comfortably in the back.It can be done, but only by scooting the front seats up considerably,which could be bearable for short trips,but not on long ones.Trunk space also leaves a bit to be desired.The stereo system's great for factory, the exterior's hot,&outside noise is pretty minimal considering it is a convertible.I'm impressed!My beauty is definitly a head-turner,&I look forward to thousands more miles with him!

exterior/ interior styling, embroidered horse on the seats, spoiler, lights, gauge set up, tires

to make room for cup holders, an ashtray was taken out. i would sugest making room for both. I would put the emergency brake on the driver's, not passenger's side, and I would scoot the gear shifter a few inches back, bigger back seat and trunk

Love my GT!!
By gttopdown

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I got my GT as a graduation present and I love it. It is by far the best car that can be purchased for the money. The steering and braking are superb, looks unique and stylish, and is very user friendly as a daily driver. I put a lot of miles on m GT because I commute a lot and so far it has been very reliable.

Mach sound system is the best stock system that I have found in a car, and a necessity for convertible models.

Cupholders! Trunk is about what you would expect, but getting things into and out of it can be tricky. Also, maybe some more luxo amenities like auto headlamps and climate control options.

1999 Mustang GT Conv.
By Dr. Clean

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Over the years, I have owned the following Mustangs: 1966 289-2 bbl conv., 1969 351W-4bbl Mach I, and 1973 351C-2bbl conv. Of all the Mustangs, the 1999 GT conv. is the best. A splenid combination of historical Mustang styling and modern technology, this automobile is truly a delight to own and drive. Additionally, dealer service and warranty work is absolutely flawless. Everyone should own one of these.

I love everything about this quality autombile. It possesses delightful manners and personality. Truly, it is a modern classic.

While I cannot think of anything that requires change or modification, I do wish Ford would make the "Bullit" style wheels standard on all Mustang GT's.

Great Car
By rashad

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Great car if you can afford the insurance and don't have children. Not a lot of room to haul anything, so don't plan any trips with more than two lightly packing adults.

Speed, handling, sex appeal!

None really. It does what it's made to do. Go fast, turn well, and give you a fun driving experience. Maybe if it got better gas mileage...

lizzy's review
By Elizabeth Shilling

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Mustangs are the most comfortable cars and as long as you take good care of them they will last

• SUV