Used 1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

my black beauty
By hella good 43

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I recently bought my 99 Mustang GT Convertible&have yet to be dissappointed.It's beautiful,&the interior is roomy enough for 2 up front,however,I quickly abandoned the possibility of fitting 2 comfortably in the back.It can be done, but only by scooting the front seats up considerably,which could be bearable for short trips,but not on long ones.Trunk space also leaves a bit to be desired.The stereo system's great for factory, the exterior's hot,&outside noise is pretty minimal considering it is a convertible.I'm impressed!My beauty is definitly a head-turner,&I look forward to thousands more miles with him!

Favorite Features

exterior/ interior styling, embroidered horse on the seats, spoiler, lights, gauge set up, tires

Suggested Improvements

to make room for cup holders, an ashtray was taken out. i would sugest making room for both. I would put the emergency brake on the driver's, not passenger's side, and I would scoot the gear shifter a few inches back, bigger back seat and trunk

LUV MY STANG SO WHAT ITS A V6
By TOM SHAUGHNESSSY

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR 3 YEARS. ITS A FUN CAR AND A HEAD TURNER.THE V6 IS STRONG.BUT REMBER ITS NO V8.THE MPG ARE 23 TO 26.THATS WHAT I SEE ANYWAY.IT HAS A GOOD RIDE GOOD ON TRIPS.I LIVE IN WV AND WE GET SOME SNOW HERE.AS LONG AS YOU PUT GOOD SNOW TIRES ON IT GOES FINE.WE RUN THIS CAR EVERY DAY ALMOST. NOW DONT TAKE THAT WRONG 15 INCHES OF SNOW WE LET IT SAY IN THE GARGE.THE ONLY PROBLEM IVE HAD WAS THE HOOD CRACKED AT THE CORNER OF THE HOOD SCOOP. FORD REPLACED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS. YES THIS IS A FUN CAR .

Favorite Features

THE LOOK ITS A HEAD TUNER. POWER NOT BAD JUST KEEP IN MIND IS NOT A V8.LOOK AT THE TAIL LIGHTS THERE REAL COOL.

Suggested Improvements

NEVER MAKE IT FRONT WHEEL DRIVE . A LITTLE MORE HORSE POWER NEVER HURTS. BUT I WOULD SAY THAT ABOUT MOST IF NOT ALL CARS.

let down
By wantsanewjetta

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

the headliner falls, too many rattles, the trunk gets too torn up from regular daily use, valve problems, just not very dependable. only 49000k on it and i already feel like i cant trust it. too many small things have added up to me not liking my car very much. decent gas mileage, nice style, acceptable performance, great front seat room

Favorite Features

style, mileage,

Suggested Improvements

just not all that dependable. go with foreign.

amazing
By tasah

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

it was a great car thta zoomed around the corners! iT LOOKS GREAT AND HAS A LOT OF ROOM FOR A TWO DOOR COUPE. ID DEFINETLY BUY ANOTHER CANT WAIT TILL THE 2005 COME OUT HEARD THEY ARE BRINGING BACK THE MACH 1 AND SUCH.

Fun2Drive
By CrusinInThe60s

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I like the way the car looks-inside and out. I like the way feels inside, and the way that it handles. The power driver's seat has so many adjustments that if my wife drives the car, it takes quite a while to get the seat readjusted properly. It has a nice suspension, where you don't feel every seam in the pavement-on local roads, or on the highway.PlentyOfPower. I bought the car with 39,000 miles on it. The power top works great. It would be nice if the cover for the top fit better. If you snap it in place, it pops back out. I scrapped the cheap material seat covers for new leather ones. Big improvement.

Favorite Features

Just the right size,veryComfortable,and very easy to drive. I love drivingwith the top off. The glass rear window is nice.The dash is neat.Both Cassette and CD player. Driving this car just plain makes me feel good. My friend had a new 1965 and this is a far better car.

Suggested Improvements

The steering effort seems much higher than it should be. The passenger side headlight assembly has moisture inside it. Front seats should recline fully, like on most cars. Water gets in under the rear seat. Wipers should hide away.