Used 1999 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Amazing!
By bmeers22

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome! It has power and feels sturdy. I recently gave up my 01 impala and I don't regret it one bit. Mustangs are the best. It gets great gas mileage as well.

Stereo and body style

BettEr viewing angles through side mirrors

Best car Ive owned
By toomanyfords

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought 99 in 2001 new with 5000 miles. Owned it for 10 1/2 years and put about 100k miles on it. Never had one single problem with it ever. Good on gas and fun to drive. The only maintenance I ever did were oil changes.

Excellent power and handling

I'm going to miss my Penny :(
By Tyler Morris

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in August of 2013. I loved the car. I moved from STL to Seattle and drove her all the way without a single hiccup. The car itself remained probably free I kept it maintained and she proved to be a really awesome first car. Sadly I was t-boned a few weeks ago and shes gone :( but i will definitely be looking for a new mustang!

I love the "new edge" styling that ford used on these mustangs. Best looking modern mustang in my opinion.

Lackluster interior which doesn't age well. A little more power would not have hurt either.

Love my pony!
By ponygirl

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this used in 2000 with 18,000 miles on it and it now has 112,000 miles. Just a few minor problems. At random times, it didn't want to start and after several attempts at trying to figure out what the problem was, it turns out it was in the security system. About a $300.00 fix..The only other issue is the headlights which develop a white film..I am a multi mustang owner and love this '99. My daughter now drives it and also loves it. Very fun car and comfortable for smaller individuals. All cars should be this dependable.

The body style is an eye turner and I love the manual transmission.

The headlight covers develop a white film which I find is almost impossible to remove. This could definitely be improved.

Love or hate
By Love or hate

1999 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love the car's style and performance. However my driver side exhaust manifold had litteraly broken twice now. That is quite enoying at a cost of around $450 each time. It only has 85000 miles and the clearcoat is falling off of the car. I washed and waxed the car religiously. The interior is still like brand new.

Rear wheel drive, stereo, looks, CD and cassete player (for my Ipod)

Paint quality, exhaust qulity, CD player does not always work. Cassette player is done.