1999 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Lots Of Bang For The Buck
By Mike D on 02/09/10 13:24 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Stang, having previously owned an 86GT Hatch and an 86LX Cnvt. Bought the 99 with 11,000 miles in 2001. Currently has 145,000. This is a great car. Have had almost no mechanical problems. Great style and performance. Great exhaust sounds. Mach 460 radio/CD is great too. Convertible top works well. Tends to eat brakes. Headlight covers do fog over. Don't hit a bump in the middle of a turn or you'll find yourself in the next lane.

Pretty good car
By steve on 07/29/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my Mustang GT back in May of 01 and had the car till Feb of 08. This car was very well taken care of and I drove the car pretty crazy. The only reason I kept it running so well is because my uncle is a mechanic so most of the problem were fixed by him. I pumped regular gas in it but always used 10-30 oil. When it got to 75,000 miles I started using 10-30 high mileage mobil oil fully synthetic. That was the best oil I used. My car never leaked any oil because I always replaced any gaskets or seals that needed replacing. Changed all the normal wear & tear stuff. Always kept the car original except for the flowmasters. When I ran a smog check it had better results than a brand new Mustang

Awesome car!
By AWESOME CAR!!! on 03/22/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car for 17000 from a blonde girl who owned for only 9 months, and only 11000 miles. The reason im saying this is because she bought a MB CLK coupe with 45000 miles for 30000! Go figure! I love this silver convertible mustang since the very first day. The car looks great. I added 20" black wheels and lowered 2". People on the street always stare. I have owned this car since Dec 2000. The only thing that I have change on this car is the oil and brakes once. Oh I also upgraded the headlights to all clear, and smoke the tailights. The car has 105k miles, and I will keep it for many more years. The car has been super reliable.

Good Car
By James on 03/27/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this Mustang in Feb. of 2004 with only 52,000 miles on it. It already had the 60,000 miles work done on it. Since then I've driven it to about 88,000 miles. It performs great - good acceleration and decent cornering (though I rarely push either). The top very rarely leaks, only when I've driven in BIG storms. It's only happened twice. This is a big improvement over my last convertible, a 92 Mustang. The only problems I've had are that the cruise control button fell off one day last year (it's still usable) and the front brakes have needed A LOT of work ($1300). They always cover the front rims with brake dust as well. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

LOVE MY PONY!
By SOPHIE on 07/18/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Have never had any problems with my 1999 Mustang convertible. I love this car! Am considering trading for the 2005, but having a hard time parting with this one.

Best Car for A College Student
By Actuary on 06/26/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car was my party vehicle throughout my college years. I have 145,000 miles on it and all I had to do was change the oil. My convertible top hydraulics began to leak at 100,000 and that is all I had to fix. Of course since I take the top down and put it back up a million times when I went out it had to break eventually! :) I plan on driving this bad boy until 200,000 miles and keeping it as my fun vehicle.

Solid Stang
By Paul Dunphy on 03/13/05 14:24 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've owned my 1999 convertible Mustang for 5 years with only 1 problem. I had a problem shortly after I bought it with one of the convertible top hydraulics going out. The car was used, with 17,000 miles on it, before I got it and apparently someone tried taking the top down with it still latched into the windshield and this caused the failure. Other than that I have had no mechanical problems with this car and it is used as a daily driver. The Mustang is a little bumpy because of the sports suspension and height from the ground but that's what you come to expect in a performance RWD car. Don't expect to be riding like a Caddy in this bad boy, but you'll ride in style!

Pick Up Girls!
By uncmustang on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car while in College at 20,000 miles. Served me great with no mechanical or driving problems except one small pressure cable that helps to lift the roof up broke ( figures if I take the top up and down like every day!)That was the only thing to fix. My Car has 120,000 miles on it right now and runs like the same day I bought it!!!! I would recommend this car to anyone who loves to experience a convertible and has a joy for driving.

Mustang 35th Anniversary
By john canterbury on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

It's a blast to drive and a real head turner espically with the top down. Big down side to me, no available "Roll Bar" offered and it's a royal pain in the ___to put the tops "Boot Cover" on. The V6 could use some more HP but the gas mileage is good and the insurance rates are lower than witha V8. Just gets better with age. Recaro seats in front with be a nice touch and offer bette

rain and snow....
By sillEeitaK on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in January 2001 and for the most part its been a great car. Been through several accidents, and still in one piece, never an injury! ;) Had to have the brakes replaced and the engine serviced once, but that's really it. Runs well, accelerates really nicely, a fun car to drive (especially in electric green!) I just wanted to reply to someone saying that it ran well in rain and snow- it DOESN'T run in rain or snow! very very touchy. spins out a LOT. I'm trading it in this year for something with AWD. For what I used it for though, it was a great car.