1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Awesome car!
By AWESOME CAR!!! on 03/22/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car for 17000 from a blonde girl who owned for only 9 months, and only 11000 miles. The reason im saying this is because she bought a MB CLK coupe with 45000 miles for 30000! Go figure! I love this silver convertible mustang since the very first day. The car looks great. I added 20" black wheels and lowered 2". People on the street always stare. I have owned this car since Dec 2000. The only thing that I have change on this car is the oil and brakes once. Oh I also upgraded the headlights to all clear, and smoke the tailights. The car has 105k miles, and I will keep it for many more years. The car has been super reliable.

Good Car
By James on 03/27/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this Mustang in Feb. of 2004 with only 52,000 miles on it. It already had the 60,000 miles work done on it. Since then I've driven it to about 88,000 miles. It performs great - good acceleration and decent cornering (though I rarely push either). The top very rarely leaks, only when I've driven in BIG storms. It's only happened twice. This is a big improvement over my last convertible, a 92 Mustang. The only problems I've had are that the cruise control button fell off one day last year (it's still usable) and the front brakes have needed A LOT of work ($1300). They always cover the front rims with brake dust as well. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

LOVE MY PONY!
By SOPHIE on 07/18/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Have never had any problems with my 1999 Mustang convertible. I love this car! Am considering trading for the 2005, but having a hard time parting with this one.

Best Car for A College Student
By Actuary on 06/26/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This car was my party vehicle throughout my college years. I have 145,000 miles on it and all I had to do was change the oil. My convertible top hydraulics began to leak at 100,000 and that is all I had to fix. Of course since I take the top down and put it back up a million times when I went out it had to break eventually! :) I plan on driving this bad boy until 200,000 miles and keeping it as my fun vehicle.

Solid Stang
By Paul Dunphy on 03/13/05 14:24 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I've owned my 1999 convertible Mustang for 5 years with only 1 problem. I had a problem shortly after I bought it with one of the convertible top hydraulics going out. The car was used, with 17,000 miles on it, before I got it and apparently someone tried taking the top down with it still latched into the windshield and this caused the failure. Other than that I have had no mechanical problems with this car and it is used as a daily driver. The Mustang is a little bumpy because of the sports suspension and height from the ground but that's what you come to expect in a performance RWD car. Don't expect to be riding like a Caddy in this bad boy, but you'll ride in style!

Pick Up Girls!
By uncmustang on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car while in College at 20,000 miles. Served me great with no mechanical or driving problems except one small pressure cable that helps to lift the roof up broke ( figures if I take the top up and down like every day!)That was the only thing to fix. My Car has 120,000 miles on it right now and runs like the same day I bought it!!!! I would recommend this car to anyone who loves to experience a convertible and has a joy for driving.

Mustang 35th Anniversary
By john canterbury on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

It's a blast to drive and a real head turner espically with the top down. Big down side to me, no available "Roll Bar" offered and it's a royal pain in the ___to put the tops "Boot Cover" on. The V6 could use some more HP but the gas mileage is good and the insurance rates are lower than witha V8. Just gets better with age. Recaro seats in front with be a nice touch and offer bette

rain and snow....
By sillEeitaK on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in January 2001 and for the most part its been a great car. Been through several accidents, and still in one piece, never an injury! ;) Had to have the brakes replaced and the engine serviced once, but that's really it. Runs well, accelerates really nicely, a fun car to drive (especially in electric green!) I just wanted to reply to someone saying that it ran well in rain and snow- it DOESN'T run in rain or snow! very very touchy. spins out a LOT. I'm trading it in this year for something with AWD. For what I used it for though, it was a great car.

Fun2Drive
By CrusinInThe60s on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I like the way the car looks-inside and out. I like the way feels inside, and the way that it handles. The power driver's seat has so many adjustments that if my wife drives the car, it takes quite a while to get the seat readjusted properly. It has a nice suspension, where you don't feel every seam in the pavement-on local roads, or on the highway.PlentyOfPower. I bought the car with 39,000 miles on it. The power top works great. It would be nice if the cover for the top fit better. If you snap it in place, it pops back out. I scrapped the cheap material seat covers for new leather ones. Big improvement.

Some win some lose
By Hoosierdaddy on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

When buying a used car, or any car, some people get good ones some get bad. I know several people who are happy with their mustang (v6) and don't have any problems. I however had problems. The exhaust manifolds went bad twice, but were covered under warranty. After the warranty expired, at about 45,000 miles the transmission started slipping when you tried to accelerate hard, and the valves started to make noise. The dealership told me that the valve problem is common with the V6. It cost around $500 to fix. The top did make some noise around 48,000 miles but it was an easy fix.