1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Lots Of Bang For The Buck
By Mike D on 02/09/10 13:24 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Stang, having previously owned an 86GT Hatch and an 86LX Cnvt. Bought the 99 with 11,000 miles in 2001. Currently has 145,000. This is a great car. Have had almost no mechanical problems. Great style and performance. Great exhaust sounds. Mach 460 radio/CD is great too. Convertible top works well. Tends to eat brakes. Headlight covers do fog over. Don't hit a bump in the middle of a turn or you'll find yourself in the next lane.

Pretty good car
By steve on 07/29/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my Mustang GT back in May of 01 and had the car till Feb of 08. This car was very well taken care of and I drove the car pretty crazy. The only reason I kept it running so well is because my uncle is a mechanic so most of the problem were fixed by him. I pumped regular gas in it but always used 10-30 oil. When it got to 75,000 miles I started using 10-30 high mileage mobil oil fully synthetic. That was the best oil I used. My car never leaked any oil because I always replaced any gaskets or seals that needed replacing. Changed all the normal wear & tear stuff. Always kept the car original except for the flowmasters. When I ran a smog check it had better results than a brand new Mustang

I love my mustange
By Bradsmama on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I love this car. I think the performance is great. I love the looks I get when i drive it.

Euro eater
By Skyler T on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Overall this is a great car, but I would recomend having another car for the winter. The car has an extremely responsive throttle, making the car very quick. There are many affordable aftermarket upgrades for this car. My catalytic converters became stopped up. And I've heard other other mustangs having the same problem. Othe than that I havent had anyproblems with the car. If you buy a sports car that has a v8 engine you shouldnt expect to get great gas mileage. I got about 14 miles in the city and 18 on the highway(220), but I was accelerating a lot so if you dry the car easier you could probally get about 250 miles on a full tank.

Good...but could be better.
By Chaz123 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Excellent value for the money. Great straight-line performance but handling is fairly poor. Car sits too high and handling suffers from lack of independent suspension during hard driving. Surprisingly good reliability; owned one for over 3.5- years and hexperienced only one problem (convertible top motor died, but replaced under warranty).

my black beauty
By hella good 43 on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I recently bought my 99 Mustang GT Convertible&have yet to be dissappointed.It's beautiful,&the interior is roomy enough for 2 up front,however,I quickly abandoned the possibility of fitting 2 comfortably in the back.It can be done, but only by scooting the front seats up considerably,which could be bearable for short trips,but not on long ones.Trunk space also leaves a bit to be desired.The stereo system's great for factory, the exterior's hot,&outside noise is pretty minimal considering it is a convertible.I'm impressed!My beauty is definitly a head-turner,&I look forward to thousands more miles with him!

Love my GT!!
By gttopdown on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I got my GT as a graduation present and I love it. It is by far the best car that can be purchased for the money. The steering and braking are superb, looks unique and stylish, and is very user friendly as a daily driver. I put a lot of miles on m GT because I commute a lot and so far it has been very reliable.

1999 Mustang GT Conv.
By Dr. Clean on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Over the years, I have owned the following Mustangs: 1966 289-2 bbl conv., 1969 351W-4bbl Mach I, and 1973 351C-2bbl conv. Of all the Mustangs, the 1999 GT conv. is the best. A splenid combination of historical Mustang styling and modern technology, this automobile is truly a delight to own and drive. Additionally, dealer service and warranty work is absolutely flawless. Everyone should own one of these.

Great Car
By rashad on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Great car if you can afford the insurance and don't have children. Not a lot of room to haul anything, so don't plan any trips with more than two lightly packing adults.

lizzy's review
By Elizabeth Shilling on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Mustangs are the most comfortable cars and as long as you take good care of them they will last