1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car
By pfrank on 07/01/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my 1999 Mustang GT Coupe brand new in June 1999. It's still going strong at 148,000 miles. Other than normal maintenance I've only had to replace the alternator, battery once, and yesterday the intake manifold due a crack. I was told this is common and Ford did extended the warranty for it to 75,000 mi. My car is red and the color and shine is still great. My mechanic just offered to buy it, but it's hard to part with it. Peak performance is on the open highway. A little confining for me as an older guy, but for younger guys, highly recommended. Want it? Go for it and buy it. Good deal all around.

1999 Mustang GT
By Phillip on 01/25/10 19:50 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1999 Mustang GT in August 2009 from a private seller.It has 72,400 miles on it. The beautiful red with gray leather interior gets a lot of compliments and the car has always been garaged and looks new!It has a manual 5 speed transmission. I love the exhaust sound but do wish that it had more power in the low/mid range power band. I have owned a Mustang SVO and a 1967 Mustang Fastback over the years. The cup holder location in the 1999 GT is a disaster but the stereo sounds very good and the car handles ok even though the tie rods wear pre-maturely and begin to squeak when turning. Ford should have went to a adjustable clutch cable instead of the automatic adjustment system.

Best bang for the buck!
By pwl on 08/23/07 00:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Purchased new, passed 100,000 earlier this year. Cars these days have become more powerful, but in 1999, this car was the best bang for the buck other than the high-school-kid-styling Camaro/Firebird twins. Works well as a daily driver, but fun to drive and can burn some rubber when you feel like it. Aside from a few initial fit/finish issues, car has been very reliable with no major fixes. I did recently have to have the rear differential rebuilt with new parts for >$2k due to the oil leaking out after poorly designed speed bumps dented the diff. case. However, I believe this was a freak incident and should be even less likely to happen to a stock car. (Mine is lowered around 1.5".)

A Mustang is a true Legend
By Brian on 01/24/06 03:27 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I'm a college student and 18 years old. I just recently bought a 1999 Mustang GT anniversary edition. I bought it for $10,500 w/ 51,000 miles. To tell you the truth it was a heck of a deal. But for all the people who are reading these to get an idea about what people think about Mustangs, I will give you my honest opinion. The Mustang GT is fast. 0-60 is around 5.5 secs. And the roar of the engine is to die for. And it handles really well. I mean really well. The car is built to last a while, I can tell you that. The disadvantage is the gas mileage, seating space, and the winter. I average around 18 city and 22 highway. The backseats are a little too small. Overall it's a great muscle car!

Third time's a charm!
By Third time's a charm on 03/30/05 11:44 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I had a 1987 Mustang GT that I swore I would never trade. Well that fell through when I set my sights on a 1999 official 35th Anniversary Stang. This car is absolutely amazing. Its muscular yet sexy at the same time. This is my third Mustang and by far my favorite. We're keeping this one and already saving up to buy a '05 as a daily driver. I tell you what that 4.6 V8 has so much power its amazing.

I love my mustang
By J.Brit on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car it had 165,000 miles on it, but other than that it was in great shape. I had to make minor repairs. A new radiator and heater but for the amount of miles it has. Its performance has been great. It currently is up to 175,000 miles and it is still running strong.

Great
By stevert on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

A fun fast car for cheap... and its American made and American muscle

1999 Mustang Gt
By AJMD69 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Got a great deal for 10k from a friend when its worth about 12. Only 45,000 miles, awesome car only problem is trying to keep tread on the tires longer...

Cant beat a stang
By Bevis and Butthead on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

One of the best fastest cars for the money you spend on it. It has also been very mechanically sound for me.

American Made
By rdenny on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Perfect Car. Plethora of aftermarket parts available. Would buy 100 of them if I had the money. No problems ever. I love it.