1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Love my pony!
By ponygirl on 07/25/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this used in 2000 with 18,000 miles on it and it now has 112,000 miles. Just a few minor problems. At random times, it didn't want to start and after several attempts at trying to figure out what the problem was, it turns out it was in the security system. About a $300.00 fix..The only other issue is the headlights which develop a white film..I am a multi mustang owner and love this '99. My daughter now drives it and also loves it. Very fun car and comfortable for smaller individuals. All cars should be this dependable.

Love or hate
By Love or hate on 01/21/09 22:32 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love the car's style and performance. However my driver side exhaust manifold had litteraly broken twice now. That is quite enoying at a cost of around $450 each time. It only has 85000 miles and the clearcoat is falling off of the car. I washed and waxed the car religiously. The interior is still like brand new.

I know, I know, all 10's?
By Ruby The Red Pony on 07/28/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Yep. And it's the truth. I have had nothing but a great experience owning this little pony for the past 9 years running strong. It still shines up nice, gets looks from everybody- and their mom. It sounds cool even with a stock v6. Nice little rumble. Power? Very sufficient. Handling? Does fine, takes corners, stops on a dime. Interior? I have driven the new (05+ models) and I honsetly didn't feel as snug in them. I like the hugging quality of this model over the newer, more sedan-like interiors. Feels sportier. I put GT rims and tires on mine for a little more handling. Never had a breakdown. I have driven this thing across the country, pure joy. What a great car. For the price, a great deal. Great stereo, great motor, looks awesome. A value and a joy.

Love my car
By ebonyrebel on 06/10/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a junior in college. I'd always wanted a Mustang since I was a child. The roar of the pipes and the overall sexiness of the car was totally appealing to me. I've put a lot of highway miles on it due to college and traveling home over the years. As a young woman driver on the road alone a lot it's been very reassuring to know that my Stang is realiable. Only work I've had done is a new alternator and now I need a started. That's it.

Excellent Choice
By timothy novak on 01/18/06 17:12 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for a little over 4 years, and have not had any major problems with it. Of course, the oxygen sensors have needed to be replaced, but doesn't every car have that problem? Periodically, my odometer displays turns off, but this is just a minor problem...if even a problem at all. Yesterday, it wouldn't start, so I will need to replace either the battery or the starter. Now this is no big deal, considering the car is paid for, and this is the only problem that I have ever had. Over all, excellent car and I would buy another.

Great car for the money!
By E H King on 06/29/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My friend purchased this model a few months before me. I loved it so much, I went out and bought one. This has been the best car I have owned. For the money, it's hard to beat. Quality, durability, and it's fun! Total in almost 6 years of owning for all/any repairs: $350.00. Minor work done. Just now had to change brakes. Other than oil changes no up keep!

Best car I have ever owned!
By appleimacdude on 03/01/05 01:39 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This has been the highest quality car I have ever owned - it has a nice, solid one-piece feel to it, handles well, and is fun and comfortable to drive. As I currently drive about 32 miles each way to work, I appreciate the comfort and performance from the 3.8 liter six cylinder engine, which puts out 190 hp for this year.

Fast and Fun
By Ixion on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Bang for the buck, you can't beat a Mustang when it comes to performance. Beautiful car, powerful, fun in the straights and the corners, and almost 100,000 miles without a major problem. Who says American cars are low quality?

Fun car Great Price
By Mdauphine on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I got the car in 99 just out of high school and have driven it for 140000 miles without a single hickup just change the oil every 3000 miles and the thing will run great. It's still even on the same clutch.

semi-satisfied owner
By rtbill on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

bought used with 7400 miles in like new condition. now have 58000 and it has never cost a dime in maintenance except for routine oil & filter changes. brakes & steering very good. heater & air very good. ride comfort is awful. 5 speed sloppy & difficult to shift into first when at full stop. difficult to enter & exit. shoulder belt height is non-adjustable and constantly pulls out of seat back plastic loop. all in all an inexpensive car to own and has great looks with Cobra style wheels & tires. Poor traction with this tire package when streets are wet however.