Used 1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

1999 v6 Mustang 10 year review
By ajdoll

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My 60 year old mother bought this Mustang from a colleague of mine who had it since new. She bought it in 2006 with 30000 miles as her condo car (Florida). During her ten years of owning this Mustang, she has driven it about 30000 miles. Since taking ownership she has done regular maintenance (oil,oil filter,air filter). In ten years, it has never skipped a beat. It has been as reliable as a car half its years. In ten years, it has only needed two batteries, tires and an alternator. The Mustang never let her stranded and had no problems whatsoever. Everything still works; A/C, power windows, power mirrors, cruise control, power seat and the 460 stereo is awesome!
My mother has graciously given her Mustang to my step-daughter.
My mother has bought a new Nissan Altima that has been plagued by minor problems. After owning the Mustang for ten years, trouble free, she appreciates that Mustang. It's amazing that a 17 year old car, that she drove for ten years, has been more reliable than her new Nissan.
That little black stallion continues to be very reliable, even if it is 17 years old. Ford did it right.
That V6 is no V8, but that Mustang handles so nice that it's still a thrill to drive!

Amazing!
By bmeers22

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome! It has power and feels sturdy. I recently gave up my 01 impala and I don't regret it one bit. Mustangs are the best. It gets great gas mileage as well.

Stereo and body style

BettEr viewing angles through side mirrors

Best car Ive owned
By toomanyfords

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Bought 99 in 2001 new with 5000 miles. Owned it for 10 1/2 years and put about 100k miles on it. Never had one single problem with it ever. Good on gas and fun to drive. The only maintenance I ever did were oil changes.

Excellent power and handling

I'm going to miss my Penny :(
By Tyler Morris

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in August of 2013. I loved the car. I moved from STL to Seattle and drove her all the way without a single hiccup. The car itself remained probably free I kept it maintained and she proved to be a really awesome first car. Sadly I was t-boned a few weeks ago and shes gone :( but i will definitely be looking for a new mustang!

I love the "new edge" styling that ford used on these mustangs. Best looking modern mustang in my opinion.

Lackluster interior which doesn't age well. A little more power would not have hurt either.

Great Car
By pfrank

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my 1999 Mustang GT Coupe brand new in June 1999. It's still going strong at 148,000 miles. Other than normal maintenance I've only had to replace the alternator, battery once, and yesterday the intake manifold due a crack. I was told this is common and Ford did extended the warranty for it to 75,000 mi. My car is red and the color and shine is still great. My mechanic just offered to buy it, but it's hard to part with it. Peak performance is on the open highway. A little confining for me as an older guy, but for younger guys, highly recommended. Want it? Go for it and buy it. Good deal all around.

Power, performance, style, reliability. Love the Mach sound system. Fold down back seat to give great truck spacing.