1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best car Ive owned
By toomanyfords on 03/26/15 05:49 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Bought 99 in 2001 new with 5000 miles. Owned it for 10 1/2 years and put about 100k miles on it. Never had one single problem with it ever. Good on gas and fun to drive. The only maintenance I ever did were oil changes.

I'm going to miss my Penny :(
By Tyler Morris on 02/26/15 13:49 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in August of 2013. I loved the car. I moved from STL to Seattle and drove her all the way without a single hiccup. The car itself remained probably free I kept it maintained and she proved to be a really awesome first car. Sadly I was t-boned a few weeks ago and shes gone :( but i will definitely be looking for a new mustang!

Great Car
By pfrank on 07/01/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my 1999 Mustang GT Coupe brand new in June 1999. It's still going strong at 148,000 miles. Other than normal maintenance I've only had to replace the alternator, battery once, and yesterday the intake manifold due a crack. I was told this is common and Ford did extended the warranty for it to 75,000 mi. My car is red and the color and shine is still great. My mechanic just offered to buy it, but it's hard to part with it. Peak performance is on the open highway. A little confining for me as an older guy, but for younger guys, highly recommended. Want it? Go for it and buy it. Good deal all around.

Lots Of Bang For The Buck
By Mike D on 02/09/10 13:24 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Stang, having previously owned an 86GT Hatch and an 86LX Cnvt. Bought the 99 with 11,000 miles in 2001. Currently has 145,000. This is a great car. Have had almost no mechanical problems. Great style and performance. Great exhaust sounds. Mach 460 radio/CD is great too. Convertible top works well. Tends to eat brakes. Headlight covers do fog over. Don't hit a bump in the middle of a turn or you'll find yourself in the next lane.

1999 Mustang GT
By Phillip on 01/25/10 19:50 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1999 Mustang GT in August 2009 from a private seller.It has 72,400 miles on it. The beautiful red with gray leather interior gets a lot of compliments and the car has always been garaged and looks new!It has a manual 5 speed transmission. I love the exhaust sound but do wish that it had more power in the low/mid range power band. I have owned a Mustang SVO and a 1967 Mustang Fastback over the years. The cup holder location in the 1999 GT is a disaster but the stereo sounds very good and the car handles ok even though the tie rods wear pre-maturely and begin to squeak when turning. Ford should have went to a adjustable clutch cable instead of the automatic adjustment system.

Love my pony!
By ponygirl on 07/25/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this used in 2000 with 18,000 miles on it and it now has 112,000 miles. Just a few minor problems. At random times, it didn't want to start and after several attempts at trying to figure out what the problem was, it turns out it was in the security system. About a $300.00 fix..The only other issue is the headlights which develop a white film..I am a multi mustang owner and love this '99. My daughter now drives it and also loves it. Very fun car and comfortable for smaller individuals. All cars should be this dependable.

Love or hate
By Love or hate on 01/21/09 22:32 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love the car's style and performance. However my driver side exhaust manifold had litteraly broken twice now. That is quite enoying at a cost of around $450 each time. It only has 85000 miles and the clearcoat is falling off of the car. I washed and waxed the car religiously. The interior is still like brand new.

Pretty good car
By steve on 07/29/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my Mustang GT back in May of 01 and had the car till Feb of 08. This car was very well taken care of and I drove the car pretty crazy. The only reason I kept it running so well is because my uncle is a mechanic so most of the problem were fixed by him. I pumped regular gas in it but always used 10-30 oil. When it got to 75,000 miles I started using 10-30 high mileage mobil oil fully synthetic. That was the best oil I used. My car never leaked any oil because I always replaced any gaskets or seals that needed replacing. Changed all the normal wear & tear stuff. Always kept the car original except for the flowmasters. When I ran a smog check it had better results than a brand new Mustang

I know, I know, all 10's?
By Ruby The Red Pony on 07/28/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Yep. And it's the truth. I have had nothing but a great experience owning this little pony for the past 9 years running strong. It still shines up nice, gets looks from everybody- and their mom. It sounds cool even with a stock v6. Nice little rumble. Power? Very sufficient. Handling? Does fine, takes corners, stops on a dime. Interior? I have driven the new (05+ models) and I honsetly didn't feel as snug in them. I like the hugging quality of this model over the newer, more sedan-like interiors. Feels sportier. I put GT rims and tires on mine for a little more handling. Never had a breakdown. I have driven this thing across the country, pure joy. What a great car. For the price, a great deal. Great stereo, great motor, looks awesome. A value and a joy.

Love my car
By ebonyrebel on 06/10/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a junior in college. I'd always wanted a Mustang since I was a child. The roar of the pipes and the overall sexiness of the car was totally appealing to me. I've put a lot of highway miles on it due to college and traveling home over the years. As a young woman driver on the road alone a lot it's been very reassuring to know that my Stang is realiable. Only work I've had done is a new alternator and now I need a started. That's it.