Used 1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Amazing!
By bmeers22

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome! It has power and feels sturdy. I recently gave up my 01 impala and I don't regret it one bit. Mustangs are the best. It gets great gas mileage as well.

Stereo and body style

BettEr viewing angles through side mirrors

Best car Ive owned
By toomanyfords

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Bought 99 in 2001 new with 5000 miles. Owned it for 10 1/2 years and put about 100k miles on it. Never had one single problem with it ever. Good on gas and fun to drive. The only maintenance I ever did were oil changes.

Excellent power and handling

I'm going to miss my Penny :(
By Tyler Morris

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in August of 2013. I loved the car. I moved from STL to Seattle and drove her all the way without a single hiccup. The car itself remained probably free I kept it maintained and she proved to be a really awesome first car. Sadly I was t-boned a few weeks ago and shes gone :( but i will definitely be looking for a new mustang!

I love the "new edge" styling that ford used on these mustangs. Best looking modern mustang in my opinion.

Lackluster interior which doesn't age well. A little more power would not have hurt either.

Great Car
By pfrank

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my 1999 Mustang GT Coupe brand new in June 1999. It's still going strong at 148,000 miles. Other than normal maintenance I've only had to replace the alternator, battery once, and yesterday the intake manifold due a crack. I was told this is common and Ford did extended the warranty for it to 75,000 mi. My car is red and the color and shine is still great. My mechanic just offered to buy it, but it's hard to part with it. Peak performance is on the open highway. A little confining for me as an older guy, but for younger guys, highly recommended. Want it? Go for it and buy it. Good deal all around.

Power, performance, style, reliability. Love the Mach sound system. Fold down back seat to give great truck spacing.

Lots Of Bang For The Buck
By Mike D

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Stang, having previously owned an 86GT Hatch and an 86LX Cnvt. Bought the 99 with 11,000 miles in 2001. Currently has 145,000. This is a great car. Have had almost no mechanical problems. Great style and performance. Great exhaust sounds. Mach 460 radio/CD is great too. Convertible top works well. Tends to eat brakes. Headlight covers do fog over. Don't hit a bump in the middle of a turn or you'll find yourself in the next lane.

Performance, style, exhaust sound, audio system, convertible top.

Front seats are awful! Extremely uncomfortable. Seats in 2000 and newer are much improved. Cupholders are not good. Door panels are cheap.