1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Wish I had it Back

1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Wish I had it Back
By clutch on

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Where do I begin? I just had to get rid of my Mustang because I needed more room being a musician and student, and I really didn't want my car to get in the middle of some war path of dents, scratches, and high mileage. (I drive a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport now.) Although this car was a 6 cyl automatic, it was still a Mustang, and it was so much fun to drive. The body style was awesome, and sure it turned heads...I was very "neurotic" about this vehicle; it was my pride and joy. I would highly recommend this car to any "car obsessed" person like myself who can't afford the high insurance on a GT. I will own another one VERY soon.

Favorite Features

The first thing that comes to mind is the color, which was a deep garnet. Also, I loved the sound- great exhaust sound for a 6 cyl- (Factory headers). The 1998 was the last year Ford put headers on the 6 cyl Mustang- this one sounds better than a year 2003 6 cyl!

Suggested Improvements

Gas. The gas mileage wasn't HORRIBLE, but what does anyone expect with a ride like this? It's not going to conserve gas like a Honda; it's a sports car.