1998 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: My wife loves it!

1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Convertible (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

My wife loves it!
By Realtor 67 on

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the laser red GT Convertible new in 1998 for my wife's 49th birthday Its just had its 30K dealer service and only 3 minor items showed up. The rear brake pads and the original battery are nearing replacement, and there is slight oil seepage at the steering rack (not enough to even spot my garage floor though). Other than replacing the original tires at 22K miles and normal maintenance, I have spent $0 on repairs. It's been trouble free and burns no oil between 3K mile changes. It has all factory options except the engine block heater and they all still work fine too. I gave the interior a 7 only because legroom is a bit cramped for tall drivers and the seat belt frays.

We love the styling, reliablity, power, and performance. It runs fine on regular gas and gets about 23 mpg on the Hiway. Comfortable leather front seats. Optional Mach 460 sound system is one of the best. Surprisingly good paint quality, fit & finish for a car in its price range.

Though the front seats are comfortable, about 2 inches more front leg room is needed for 6 foot and taller drivers. The boot for the convertible top fits great but takes up most all of the 11 cubic foot trunk when stowed there; so, make the trunk bigger or the boot more compactable.