1998 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Base made me get a GT

1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Base made me get a GT
By Ebone on

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought a 98 Mustang v6 in Feb 09. I knew NOTHING about the specifics of Mustangs, I just wanted one. First night out, I went at it with a Aurora. He ate me alive. I thought I had a fast car!?! Then, it was brought to my attention, that I should've gotten a 5.0. I knew that, but I didn't think it made a difference. I have upgraded (its a 97) to a GT and its a world of difference. Handling, Sound, Speed, and Confidence is on another level. I LOVE my GT. I LOVE it. I bought it with 82k on the dash and in ONE month I have put on 3k. This is the car to have, especially in a big city like Chicago.

The power. The car has not disappointed me at all. Its whats happening.

I don't know yet, but I don't see the need to do anything to mines except throw a light tint on the windows.
By blkbttty
on 02/20/13 09:23 AM (PST)

I have a 98 Mustang GT 4.6 with 170K miles I have replaced the Intake manifold 2 times, I reccomend not racing it unless you have a high performance intake, It's been a great car, I have replaced the battery several sets of tires, lol the alternater, 1 motor mount, and rear transmission seal. Just upgraded the shoxks and struts in the front to KYB and even thoughthe Yokpohama tires are a rough ride the KYBs helped alot like having a new car again. Will ne approaching 200K miles soom and transmission is great and engine super smoth have had all factoru amintnance, I even still have the head unit/stereo factory sticker on there, I have the original window sticker @ 25K and it's triple black convertible w lther intr. Stored indoors 100% total CA car and looks and runs like brand new. I think with a V8 Mustanf Cnvrtble your always gonna feel the ride of the road but that's part of the appeal it's not a lexus.