1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 3

1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
V6 - 2 Door Coupe
By lmb471499 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

A very good handling car that is fun to drive. Gas mileage is decent too, around 24-28 mpg depending on the type of driving you are doing.

By Stangdriver on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

A great car to drive when the weather is nice but it does poorly snow or ice.

V6 98
By Sock on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Ive had no problems what so ever with my car, the 0 60 on this site says 9.9sec....well i can do mine in 7.9sec stock so guess a grandpa was driving this car when they tested it. It does well for a 6, i have the 5 speed and it does....cough....more than i thought it would, lightin' em up infront of some camaros and firebirds makes em think I got an 8. But well the 6 mustang can beat the 6 camaro and firebirds anyway. But I love the options for aftermarketing for the mustang line.

A Mustang is the best Pony Car
By W.C. on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

. I got the v6 due to the cheaper insurance and was dissapointed with the stock exhaust system and overall performance and for around $15000 matched the hp of a gt. I got flowmaster dual exhaust,k&n air filter,Superchips computer chip, MAC underdrive pulleys,cold air induction,and a BBK throttle body and had around 216 hp and cheap insurance. The stock wheels look better than most other base model cars' but should be replaced with some 17" wheels(i reccomend Cobra R wheels).. The vast amount of body kits,wheels,superchargers,and other performance enhancers also make the Mustang a good choice.

98 V6 Coupe
By jeph on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I've put 30k on my mustang in the year i've had it. Haven't had a a single problem yet. Very impressed. Even at fairly high speeds on the highway, it still gets pretty good mileage- I've made a 320 mile trek through the Idaho mountains in four hours flat (stopped 15 min. for lunch, too!) on under 3/4 tank(about $15 at$1.40/gal). Very predictable and forgiving in hard corners. With the 5-speed you can do some fairly impressive stuff, even with the six. Definately suggest oversized rims- i put 17's on mine and can out-corner with the supposedly more agile imports like integras&celicas. Overall- LOVE IT!!!