1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great car has lasted and held up well.
By Cruzzza on 05/19/05 10:19 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have had no problems mechanically with my car. That means a lot to me. I am constantly annoyed by the fact that when you have a cup in the front cupholder, you can't shift. Also the cupholders aren't adjustable, so if you go round a curve, and the cup isn't a perfect fit... oops, there goes another drink. It might be petty to complain about that, but it has been a huge pet peeve to me. The driver's seat is starting to lose integrity. The foam gets smushed after so many years and I get it just doesn't come back to normal after a while. I can't believe that it has been so reliable. Ford did good on this model. Also, they made a lot of stuff standard, I just wish I had cruise.

Too Hot to Handle
By Stangman36 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Everyone's head turns when I drive by.

pretty good
By saleen on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Well ive owned the mustang since ive bought it some time ago,And i have to say ive enjoyed it alot and have no problems with it that i can recall.It does not ride very smooth but whats the point thats why u buy a sports car for excitement,right?

great car great price
By michaelalec84 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

The ford mustang is an excellent car at an even better price in my opinion. Ive had mine for a little over a year now and it has given me no major problems whatsoever. The power is good coming from the 3.8 liter v6 and the comfort of the front seats is excellent. i would recommned a mustng of my type to anyone who wants something powerful, cheap, good looking and fun to drive.

Great Car....but not for tall people
By MustangShelbie on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Coming from a Mustang Family (2 1970 Fastbacks/ 1 1989 Hatchback), when I was purchasing my first car I had to go with the Mustang! I love the looks and it still has speed, even though the smaller engine. I would recommend this car to most. The only problem is that at 6 feet tall, my knees are at the dash when I drive. I lower the seat, but I can't see over the front of the hood. The older Mustangs had more leg room...maybe Ford needs to work on that. However, it's a great car!

Great car
By gigantor on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My experience with Mustangs is nothing but great. That's why I'm on my third one right now. I wouldn't keep buying them if they weren't a good car.

100 G miles and NO major problems
By Stangman67 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This has been the best vehicle I have ever purchased. It is very reliable, I have pretty much followed the manufacturers recomendation on oil changes and basic maintenance. Aside from new brakes once and recently new shocks/struts, this care has cost me very little in upkeep. It still runs great too and will get a tune up at 100,000 (next month)

52,000 Miles - Great Car!
By KDaly on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my Mustang 5 years ago brand new. I have never regretted it. The car is fun to drive and completely reliable. I have kept it very well maintained and had the usual maintenance. The interior cloth seats are a great fabric that has a texture to it, making it difficult to see any wear or stains. The fuel efficiency is above average and being that it is a 5-speed I have plenty of get up and go. All instruments are easily found and self-explanatory. This is a great car! I have loved putting every mile on her!

Super Fun Car
By nrjones on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 14,000 miles and it has been perfect to 62,000. Amazing handling with power. It sits much nicer than the GM cars, and is more economical as well. I can get 29 mpg on straight highway driving. Town is not nearly as good (around 18). Sweet car, looks great, and insurance is not that bad - just get married and turn 25! However I have the automatic and would suggest a manual!

Wish I had it Back
By clutch on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Where do I begin? I just had to get rid of my Mustang because I needed more room being a musician and student, and I really didn't want my car to get in the middle of some war path of dents, scratches, and high mileage. (I drive a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport now.) Although this car was a 6 cyl automatic, it was still a Mustang, and it was so much fun to drive. The body style was awesome, and sure it turned heads...I was very "neurotic" about this vehicle; it was my pride and joy. I would highly recommend this car to any "car obsessed" person like myself who can't afford the high insurance on a GT. I will own another one VERY soon.