Used 1998 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not Bad
By Sean

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Not a bad car. Fun to drive but surely lacking on the power. We upgraded to a GT after about a year. Had nice comfortable seats.

Leather seats, manual.

Power improvements.

I just love my '98 Mustang
By Caleb

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have a 1998 automatic v6 Mustang. I just love it. It has 218,000 miles and still running great. The only thing that I've had a problem with is the alternator and I only replaced it once. That's the only trouble I've had with it in the 4 years I've had it and I think that's pretty darn good. It handles great, has good power, and good gas mileage. I've been car shopping and I just can't find anything that I like better. Not even the newer Mustangs. I think they perfected the Mustang in '98. It has good power and good gas mileage.I think I'm just going to have to find another '98 Mustang when mine finally gives up the ghost which I'm hoping is a long time from now.

I love my leather seats. A friend of mine has a newer Mustang with leather seats and we both agree mine are much more comfortable.

Nothing at all

Who said not to buy American?
By jared

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my Mustang. Although it isn't the V8 it still has decent power. The best oart about it is the styling inside and especially out, it makes the car so fun to drive. Ford did something right with this car too becuase I havent had to fix it once. All my friends and family love it.

I love the stylish looks. The sound of the engine. The reliabilty is surprising.

I just wish the V6 had about 20-40 more horsepower.

Giddyup Pony
By Adam

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I just got a 98 5spd V6, and its been a decent car. The fact that it has 215ft/lbs of torque, and an open differential makes driving in the rain less than pleasurable. Handling is subpar as well for a sports car. I have autocrossed it, and while the torque makes up for the lack of horsepower, the handling drags your times down significantly. With some upgrades, it could be a stellar car, but why upgrade it when I can get a better handling and faster car such as the Miata or 300ZX for the same price. All in all, its a decent car that will take a beating, but don't expect it to be a true spors car. This isn't a true sports car, but if you want a sporty cruiser, then this will satisfy you

RWD, torquey V6

Limited slip differenetial, tighter turn radius, better interior build quality to reduce squeaks and groans, better gas mileage, independent rear suspension

Super Mustang
By HappyJuls

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My Mustang has been a great car. It has been on many road trips and traveled 180,000 miles and I have had no problem with the car at all. I haven't taken the best care of it (mechanical wise), but it still runs great. I really don't have any major complaints about it! Definitely got my moneys worth out of it.

I love how I fit into the car. The seat is so comfortable and everything is in perfect reach. It is like the car was made just for me!

The cupholders really aren't too functional for actually holding cups while driving - cups spill out. I would make the opening to trunk larger - lots of trunk space, just hard to get stuff in the trunk. Not much room for other passengers. My car holds me and thats about it.