Used 1998 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love my 'Stang
By Montstang98

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned a few Mustangs over the years, but the 96-98's are my favorite. This is my first GT and I love the 4.6 liter powerhouse. It has a nice rumbling exhaust and is very quick! This Mustang GT gets 24 in town and close to 30 mpg on the hwy... not sure why edmunds only says 15 cty and 24hwy... any way the car handles great accelerates quickly and is just fun, fun, fun!!!

4.6L V-8 with the 5spd manual transmission make this car not only fun to drive but has an incredible sound when driving and shifting gears...

With the 5spd manual transmission the Cup holders aren't good for much more than a 12 oz. can of soda...Needed to think more about their thirstier consumers

Great Car
By K

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It runs great and gets great gas mileage. The car currently has over 160,000 miles and is still running strong. I would recommend anyone who loves to drive to buy this car.

Power and availability of performance parts.

Bigger factory size tires

Love It
By Kevin

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car with 133000 miles and I have been running it very hard and have not had a single problem. The quality is great and it gets very good gas mileage. It is not as fast as my 5.0 Mustang but with a few mods it runs out pretty well. It is very easy to drive fast and I really enjoy it.

Good trans and limited slip. There is also tons of aftermarket goodies for it.

Should have an option of traction control.

Great Car
By Sean

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my GT a year ago with 160,000 miles on it. I was warned not to get a car with that many miles on it, but i proved them wrong. The filler neck grommet leaked If you buy a 4.6 be careful if it has a plastic intake manifold. They tend to crack where the coolant goes through it by the coolant sensor, but that wasnt even hard to replace. The cupholder are horrible and the interior does seem to squeak . Also my window motor went. It does not handle like a European car but it goes like hell in a straight line. But I have 186,000 with relatively few problems. Very reliable.

Lots of power, can smoke them in 3 gears. Great gas mileage for a v-8(26/28mpg). The looks, interior and exterior

The cupholders, interior squeaks, new intake manifold(i think fixed in 99 though), independent susp. would help along with traction control. Doesn't stay straight in rain or snow. My little sister can't even fit in the back seat.

LOVE MY PONY
By Diane and her stang

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

this car is great. I love the design
and for the $ its a good deal. To own
a pony car is my dream and now I am
looking for a 1968 to go with my 1998.

the mustang name