1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Ford Mustang GT - great vehicle!
By ABED on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this 98 GT used with 10k miles, and it has been a wonderful experience to own it. I originally had purchased the V6 but traded up to the V8 for the power. If you're going own a Mustang, you gotta go for the GT. Aside from all the stereotypical BS that some close-minded people say about Fords, I gotta say that this car has been ultra-reliable (knock on wood) and an awesome ride. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a fun, reliable, powerful vehicle that gives you freedom, independence, and joy.

Just give me a reason to drive it!
By gstang46 on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This was one of the last Mustangs of its style when I bought it. I have had it now for just over four years and have had no problems, even after all of the mods that I completed. You know the mods that every Mustang loves (gears, shifter, exhaust, sub-frame connectors, throttle body, mass air meter, rear anti-sway bar,and a Vortech Supercharger. We can not forget the supercharger cause mustangs just love them. Plus many more additions that I have blessed the car with. All I have to say is that even after all that, the car can still be driven like a normal car with no problems and on a regular maintance schedule.

Nice Car
By SteveDave on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

As a previous owner of Mustangs and Camaros I am used to the "crudeness" of this type of car and enjoy it. Simple plan, stuff a V-8 and a manual transmission in a small car and - poof - you have a fun ride! I have had this thing for over a year now with no problems (except trying to find excuses to drive somewhere!).

fun
By '98gtdriver on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

ive enjoyed the 3 years ive had this car. absolutly no problems at all. very reliable. very fun to drive. get compliments all the time. my aftermarket exhaust sounds like a ford mustang should. awesome styling. its been a very nice experience.

Fun
By superstang98 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Hit the pedal to the metal. And hang on to your heart as the tourqe will make you smile.

VERY GOOD!
By Jmarshall on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Very slick, Very nice ride, Average on gas, very peppy car when needed, A GOOD buy

Should have opted for the Cobra
By C.L. on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I like my Mustang but I am tired of losing stoplight races to rivals like Cobras and Z28s. I have K&N air intake and flowmaster exhaust and while they make the car sound good (oops I mean GREAT!) they still dont make the car fast enough to damage the ego of the jerk in the Camaro next to me.

Mustangs Are Worth the $
By Steeda98GT on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1998 GT in May of 2001 with only 21,000 miles. I have done alot of mods to my jet black pony and I love blowing the doors off the camaros and slow imports that race their lawn mower engines at me. The car is built excellent, and it can defintely take a beating. I havent had any problems with my car and i love the looks and the thumbs up that I get every time i drive it. I would definetely recommend a Mustang GT or Cobra (like my brother has) over a Camaro or ANY import.

Disappointed
By Tazana on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

After saving for 3 years for the car of my dreams I fell in love with a black beauty. The handling and styling was perfect, but then things started happening. I noticed after I had the car about 3 years, the paint started to peel off of the rocker pannels and now it is pealing off of the doors. I can not take it to a high pressure car wash, it leaks around the windows. When I told ford dealership about this they said oh it is a ford defect we know about it and have done nothing to fix the problem.

the moosetang
By mizoose on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

all in all, i love my car more than anything. if the gas consumption doesn't bother you all that much this is the best bang for buck out there. i bought my 1998 chrome yellow mustang gt coupe from ford for 17 000$ canadian. i recomend it to anyone that's just looking for some fun.