1998 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Hmmmmm.....
By johnp1984 on 05/10/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my GT with 95k, it currently has 160k and the engine is running strong. Not been as reliable as many here claim. I only see the recall intake manifold mentioned once! That was a pain in the butt to replace. It hasn't been all that bad, just little annoying stuff going wrong here and there, for example.....x4 O2 sensors, all 4 calipers and rotors replaced, new intake manifold(coolant leak), door hinge, cruise control went out, lower control arms, ball joints, and recently the steering column. Like i said not all that bad, but people on here are praising it as being soooo reliable, it is a 3 at best as far as build quality reliablitly people!

The dream I never knew existed!
By LUCKY LORI on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I drove by an dealership & saw this black mustang that caught my eye. I asked to see it, the guys started it and i fell in love! The rumble beats a Harley & I can drive a car! lol This was my 15 yr daughter's dream car and I had no idea until I heard that rumble there is no sweeter sound. She is fast and furious and is a great car. I had male friends want to race etc at my age lol so i got chrome that says "size matters" and put it under the GT 4.6LT on the side it looks like it was made that way and in the back window reads in vinyl "STEP ASIDE BOYS" This has been fun! Like no other car I have had! worried about the snow, heard they are bad in snow! This is a must have car! It's awesome!

Sweet Ride
By cyanide on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bright red, lowered, custom exhaust, headlights, rims, was the best car I ever bought. I even had 4 trophies won from 4 differnt car shows I took her to. Then March of this year 2010, some moron pulled out in front of me. The radiator met the motor and my custom cold air intake splintered under the hood. I wasnt injured! They are built as tough as the look. I miss her everyday, buy one! You will never look back! :)

My first v6 mustang oh geez!
By NARL3YCHARLIE on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my mustang a year ago as my first car. I gave it a cold air intake as well as the Flowmasters exhaust to give a fine tuned sound. And it sounds great. But this 150 hp car one day fell apart on me. The odometer stopped, it began leaking. Well Everything, it began overheating and timing was off and on top of that later a super duty 4x4 dodge managed to drive up the back of my car at a stop light. Being I fixed only the damages and heating problem this car chugs along showing no weaknesses in this southern Arizona desert heat. If I were to describe this model I would tell you this is a real trooper.

1998 Mustang V6
By silliwi on 09/09/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have a 1998 Mustang w/ the 3.8 V6. I got it in September 2006 so it's been 3 years now. It's a pretty good car. I got it from a family member with only 46,000 miles on it in 2006. Now it has 88,000. I've had to replace the tires, and the brakes, windshield, along with the rear differential fluid twice. Other than those things the car has been virtually maintenance free. It's by no means a comfortable car. You feel every bump in the road. The seats are uncomfortable for long drives and it doesn't handle that great. I average about 22 miles per gallon mixed use. I'm not really a sports car kinda person... I think I'll go with something with four doors and better fuel economy...

Base made me get a GT
By Ebone on 08/07/09 11:35 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought a 98 Mustang v6 in Feb 09. I knew NOTHING about the specifics of Mustangs, I just wanted one. First night out, I went at it with a Aurora. He ate me alive. I thought I had a fast car!?! Then, it was brought to my attention, that I should've gotten a 5.0. I knew that, but I didn't think it made a difference. I have upgraded (its a 97) to a GT and its a world of difference. Handling, Sound, Speed, and Confidence is on another level. I LOVE my GT. I LOVE it. I bought it with 82k on the dash and in ONE month I have put on 3k. This is the car to have, especially in a big city like Chicago.

My Dream!
By 98GT on 06/21/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

im currently 16 years old. i have wanted a mustang since i was 8 years old. i never even considered anything else. and im glad i didnt.. i originally was looking at a 2006 black mustang V6 with an automatic transmission and leather seats but i ended up buying almost the exact opposite. i have a white 1998 mustang with a V8, a manual tranny, and cloth seats and i still love it. this car is everything a teenage boy probably shouldnt have. but i honestly believe that u can get yourself just as dead in a V6 as u can in a V8. this car is what i always dreamt of. i love the smooth shifts, the mach audio, and how i can spin tires by barely giving it any gas at all. this car has the power!

Love my 'Stang
By Montstang98 on 06/15/09 00:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned a few Mustangs over the years, but the 96-98's are my favorite. This is my first GT and I love the 4.6 liter powerhouse. It has a nice rumbling exhaust and is very quick! This Mustang GT gets 24 in town and close to 30 mpg on the hwy... not sure why edmunds only says 15 cty and 24hwy... any way the car handles great accelerates quickly and is just fun, fun, fun!!!

Awesome Vehicle
By Kynan R on 01/28/09 01:41 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I can pretty say this is the best vehicle I have owned thus far. I've killed potholes, ran into snowbanks, and this car just won't bend, except for a little exterior damage. Cruise control just went out last week, but for 200k miles, it's about time something did. So far, that is the only thing other than routine stuff that I've had to replace. Stock sound is awesome, road noise is quiet until about 60, suspension is not quite as stiff as many say, and the backseat is just perfect for the poodle. Overall, fantastic racing vehicle, not so great for family time or winter four-wheeling.

Great Car
By K on 11/15/08 20:21 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It runs great and gets great gas mileage. The car currently has over 160,000 miles and is still running strong. I would recommend anyone who loves to drive to buy this car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »