1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Hmmmmm.....
By johnp1984 on 05/10/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my GT with 95k, it currently has 160k and the engine is running strong. Not been as reliable as many here claim. I only see the recall intake manifold mentioned once! That was a pain in the butt to replace. It hasn't been all that bad, just little annoying stuff going wrong here and there, for example.....x4 O2 sensors, all 4 calipers and rotors replaced, new intake manifold(coolant leak), door hinge, cruise control went out, lower control arms, ball joints, and recently the steering column. Like i said not all that bad, but people on here are praising it as being soooo reliable, it is a 3 at best as far as build quality reliablitly people!

The dream I never knew existed!
By LUCKY LORI on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I drove by an dealership & saw this black mustang that caught my eye. I asked to see it, the guys started it and i fell in love! The rumble beats a Harley & I can drive a car! lol This was my 15 yr daughter's dream car and I had no idea until I heard that rumble there is no sweeter sound. She is fast and furious and is a great car. I had male friends want to race etc at my age lol so i got chrome that says "size matters" and put it under the GT 4.6LT on the side it looks like it was made that way and in the back window reads in vinyl "STEP ASIDE BOYS" This has been fun! Like no other car I have had! worried about the snow, heard they are bad in snow! This is a must have car! It's awesome!

Sweet Ride
By cyanide on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bright red, lowered, custom exhaust, headlights, rims, was the best car I ever bought. I even had 4 trophies won from 4 differnt car shows I took her to. Then March of this year 2010, some moron pulled out in front of me. The radiator met the motor and my custom cold air intake splintered under the hood. I wasnt injured! They are built as tough as the look. I miss her everyday, buy one! You will never look back! :)

My Dream!
By 98GT on 06/21/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

im currently 16 years old. i have wanted a mustang since i was 8 years old. i never even considered anything else. and im glad i didnt.. i originally was looking at a 2006 black mustang V6 with an automatic transmission and leather seats but i ended up buying almost the exact opposite. i have a white 1998 mustang with a V8, a manual tranny, and cloth seats and i still love it. this car is everything a teenage boy probably shouldnt have. but i honestly believe that u can get yourself just as dead in a V6 as u can in a V8. this car is what i always dreamt of. i love the smooth shifts, the mach audio, and how i can spin tires by barely giving it any gas at all. this car has the power!

Love my 'Stang
By Montstang98 on 06/15/09 00:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned a few Mustangs over the years, but the 96-98's are my favorite. This is my first GT and I love the 4.6 liter powerhouse. It has a nice rumbling exhaust and is very quick! This Mustang GT gets 24 in town and close to 30 mpg on the hwy... not sure why edmunds only says 15 cty and 24hwy... any way the car handles great accelerates quickly and is just fun, fun, fun!!!

Great Car
By K on 11/15/08 20:21 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It runs great and gets great gas mileage. The car currently has over 160,000 miles and is still running strong. I would recommend anyone who loves to drive to buy this car.

Love It
By Kevin on 05/11/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car with 133000 miles and I have been running it very hard and have not had a single problem. The quality is great and it gets very good gas mileage. It is not as fast as my 5.0 Mustang but with a few mods it runs out pretty well. It is very easy to drive fast and I really enjoy it.

Great Car
By Sean on 04/20/08 21:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my GT a year ago with 160,000 miles on it. I was warned not to get a car with that many miles on it, but i proved them wrong. The filler neck grommet leaked If you buy a 4.6 be careful if it has a plastic intake manifold. They tend to crack where the coolant goes through it by the coolant sensor, but that wasnt even hard to replace. The cupholder are horrible and the interior does seem to squeak . Also my window motor went. It does not handle like a European car but it goes like hell in a straight line. But I have 186,000 with relatively few problems. Very reliable.

LOVE MY PONY
By Diane and her stang on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

this car is great. I love the design and for the $ its a good deal. To own a pony car is my dream and now I am looking for a 1968 to go with my 1998.

Drive the Machine
By BossHog on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car is a child's hot wheels dream come true. The feel of power, the mystique of tradition, and the roar of the mighty mustang combine for an unforgettable driving experience.