1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Project Car.
By amadorklan on 05/26/11 01:14 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased a 1998 GT as a project car to keep and tinker with. Needless to say this will be a good challenge for me. There a few things to repair and customize. Above all the engine is rumbling like a champ. LOVE! the engine and exhaust sound. Black and tan interior match very well and replacement parts are fair in price. I plan on doing some upgrades to the engines. Even as a used car, a GT 4.6L has a lot of power and will give incredible speeds. Parents beware, you should not buy your teenager such a powerful car. Buy they aa base mustang V6/V4.

old man's dream machine
By dieter on 01/29/10 23:03 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I'm 63 yrs young and I've had a lot of different cars in my life. My last car got totaled so I went looking for a muscle car. I'm tired of 4s and 6s. I loked around for about 2 months. I found my perfect car, a 1998 mustang gt convertible. I've had it for about 9 months, and had a blast in it. It had 120,000 miles on it, and I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. All my old friends ask me about gas mileage, I tell them I could care less. I give them a ride in it with the top down and they want to buy one. Of course they have to glue their tupee's on a little better. I have trouble judging distances on parking so this is a great fit for me. I will have no other car than a mustang!!

Blast to drive!
By LA Fun on 02/18/07 19:52 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Had a GT 20 years ago, was fun to drive then, even more fun now. Convertibles are a blast, like riding a motorcycle but more comfortable, the V-8 power is awesome, can easily spin the tires. Seats and position are comfortable, back seat is fine for kids only. Handles quick, a little light in the rear though. The tops wear out and run $400-$800. Real fun to drive, turns heads. Plenty of power.

Phat GT Ragtop
By Phat Ragtop! on 09/03/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Have waited a long time to find a ragtop which was not driven into the ground by a youthful driver. If you are lucky enough to find one as I did, adult owned by only 2 owners, it is a GREAT car to drive and performance is very good!

My wife loves it!
By Realtor 67 on 11/23/04 22:40 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the laser red GT Convertible new in 1998 for my wife's 49th birthday Its just had its 30K dealer service and only 3 minor items showed up. The rear brake pads and the original battery are nearing replacement, and there is slight oil seepage at the steering rack (not enough to even spot my garage floor though). Other than replacing the original tires at 22K miles and normal maintenance, I have spent $0 on repairs. It's been trouble free and burns no oil between 3K mile changes. It has all factory options except the engine block heater and they all still work fine too. I gave the interior a 7 only because legroom is a bit cramped for tall drivers and the seat belt frays.

Fun
By unidrumer on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Great car that I've had since new. I've never had any problems with anything. Regular fluid changes, filters, and lube and she's ready to go. Was a daily driver for the first 4 years, now a garage queen that only comes out when the weather is nice. Fun car to drive.

Great ride!
By timjf825 on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Love the look of this year, before it became more angular. If you're going to buy a Mustang, why would you get anything less than the GT - V8 engine. This car has great power and is a blast to drive. One of the best convertibles in this price range.

POWERFUL!!!!!!!!! Black GT
By Ouida Davis on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

After buying this car, I joined a Mustang Club and proceeded to make modification upon advice of other members. My car stays garaged more of the time than not, due to Car Show reasons... Seldom driven in the rain. Modified Exhasut System, FlowMasters, Bassanni X-Pipe, 3.5 inch tips. Underdrive Pulleys, K&N Airfilter, Diablo SuperChip, 9MM SVO Racing Wires, Racing SplitFire Spark Plugs, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter etc.... Love My Stang!!!

Great Fla Toy
By coolflagram on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car after I turned 50 and I wanted to be cool, well I am cool but also very frightened of the fast driving everyone else does here in Florida. I travel over 30 miles one way to work and I would keep this car if the gas milege were better. I love to put the top down and just enjoy this great Florida weather.

98 Stang is fountain of youth
By VJM on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

My wife and I have enjoyed playing arround in our "new" sports car. My mom says I act and even look ten years younger. The performance of this car can not compare to that of the 60's and 70's, but it sure handles better.