1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Mustang 98 Conv
By ryan822 on 06/09/13 08:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Great car...had mine for 6 years, bought it when it had a little over 100k needless to say i added another 150 k on it. Engine is extremely reliable as long as you maintain regular oil changes. Only bad side of this car is weather!!! be very careful in the rain and snow, do not drive over 30 miles an hour in the rain and park it when it snows.

I miss this car
By galexe on 11/05/08 19:05 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I really miss my car. Someone just hit and ran me in a head on collision. It looked like a small fender bender but after the mechanic looked at it they said the bar the transmission is attached to really bent. Making this car totaled. I am so sad. I loved it. Bought it new and drove it for 10 years. Would have lasted forever had this not happened. And it was beautiful. I like it much better than the newer models. Sad, sad, day for me.

Topless Stang
By JDerek on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Although this car did need a new transmission just before the warranty expired, it has been trouble-free since.

Not Happy
By stockclimber on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

At least the car look good. My wife bought this car before we were married and as soon as she could she pawned it off on me. It doesn't handle well. My road to work is twisty and I had always enjoyed seeing what my car can do on it. The mustang handles like a brick. On the inside, the seats are not very good on the lower back and the seatbelts tend to turn in such a way that when you close the door the buckle jams the door and cuts into the paneling. All in all I have not enjoyed this car.

5 years no problems!
By paulinbaltimore on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

When I purchased my mustang in 1997 I was told by many people that I would not be happy owning a Ford. Of course they said 'found on roadside dead' etc. I loved the way the car drove and I six years later still love it. So far the only things I have had to do in six years is change the oil, the tires and the battery. NOTHING has broken, the radio, A/C and top all still work fine as well. Yes, there is some leaking now. Also surpising is my gas milage. Its a 6cyl manual so it should get good milage. It gets GREAT milage. 32 highway 25 city. I could not be happier.

FRONT END BAD
By SAN on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I BOUGHT MY CAR NEW AND AFTER I GOT 20000 MILES ON MY CAR, I HAD A HARD TIME KEEPING IT ON THE ROAD. I TOOK IT IN AND HAD FRONT IN ALIMENT ,AND I BOUGHT NEW TIRES. THE PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE. NOW I HAVE 60000 MILES ON IT AND THE CAR WAS OUT TO KILL ME. TOOK IT BACK AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS THE RIGHT AND LEFT LOWER CONTROL ARMS WERE NEEDING TO BE REPLACE. ALSO FOUND I HAD A REAR MAIN SEAL TRANSMISSION LEAK. AND OIL LEAK TOO. I ALSO HAD TO HAVE AN IDLER PULLEY REPLASED. AFTER ALL HAVE BEEN DONE I STILL HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM PULLING TO THE RIGHT. THANK GOD FOR EXTENED WARRANTIES YOU’RE GOING TO NEED IT.