Well worth the money for a first car!
By pat126 on
1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible
I bought this car several months back with about 87k on it, and I'm already pushing 99k. Other than an issue with the electrical system due to chewed up battery terminals (a $6 fix), it has been one hell of a ride. I checked out camaros and a charger or two while I was searching, but every mustang I sat in just felt more comfortable, and even better I could actually see out of it. After a few bolt-on modifications it can turn some heads. I'm hard-pressed to say that I'll probably have at least a mustang in my garage at all times from now on. You only get one chance at a first car, and this nasty pony did the job!
Favorite Features
By far the handling, but the interior seems to fit most drivers just right without the interior being too big. The sound is extremely distinct, as opposed to GM and Chrysler cars which seem to blend together every time I hear one on the road.
Suggested Improvements
Not that anything can be done for it now, but for how this car rides, the engine numbers feel really underpowered compared to what they could be. Oh well, just bolt some mods on and let 'er rip!